You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pump ignorance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BFlat

Educate me, please. I want to replace the stock 37 year old fuel pump & hotwire the new. Sometime will replace injectors & chip with stock or 42s. Car will not be raced. I'm into easy, so which pump should I get? Looking for one that is stronger (255LPH?) but also is a direct replacement as far as install. Ignorant about the hanger & sending unit. Do I need new, or will factory work? Same question about wiring. Just tell me "get this one" & I will. Thanks.

I'd talk to this guy looks like a good plug and play replacement assuming those hose barbs fit stock hoses.

I'd talk to this guy looks like a good plug and play replacement assuming those hose barbs fit stock hoses.
Beat me to it lol

Many thanks for the replies. I love this list. Hope I'm not wearing out my welcome with all my questions. I noticed this in the product description "90 ohm ceramic level sender resistor (analog dash - standard)". I have a digital dash. Is that a problem?

If your fuel sender works and your digital gas readout reads correctly theres no need to change the sending unit.
Analog and digital sending units are different by the way.
You don't need a new hangar either unless the tubes are corroded to crap.
I have a digital dash and only replaced the pump and hot wired it.
You said your not gonna race it so just upgrade the pump and run a hot wire kit.
Drop the tank, swap out the pump, attach new fuel sock, and hose, install the pump harness adapter, and run the new hot wire kit front to back. Change the fuel filter while your at it.

I remember reading about the bulkhead connector at the top of the stock sending unit failing, but I’m not sure if they fail with the original pumps or if it was with a 255lph or 340lph.
The Racetronix sending unit has an upgraded bulkhead connector and is Stainless Steel. It will be the last sending unit you would ever buy.
This is the optional resistor for the Racetronix sending unit to work with a digital dash car.

Racetronix andTurboTweak both one stop shopping both Top vendors and both excellent tec. and won't sale you something you don't need.
today you can receive what you need in 3 days . I would drop the tank and look at the condition of the sending unit and replace if rusty. then order at that time what you need some look good and some not so good.

Back