You can type here any text you want

Fuel system. Dual feed the rail?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lazaris

How are you guys running aftermarket fuel systems.What way have you set them up? Is dual feeding the rail a good idea? Thanks.

I bought a tank for a n/a regal sumped it and ran -10 for both feed and return.Oh and I removed all the stock lines.

Ran (1) -10AN for the feed and split it to (2) -8AN to feed the rails. Used -8AN for the return.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I did same as GNXTC2. Used an Aeromotive A1000 pump.
Conrad Carter

I would think -8 would be more than sufficient to rails for 1200 hp?

-8 will support up to 2000 hp, but most guys like the -10 for whatever reason. I don't think it's necessary but what do I know right>?

Sprint car guys running 700+ hp use a single -6 to feed the engine ALCOHOL:eek: So, they have twice the volume, and higher specific gravity. -10 hose also has that much mass of fuel pushing against the pump on a hard launch (1+ G's). The old days of carbs needed big lines, but with high pressure you don't need as big of line. Case in point, the new Boeing 787 will have 5,000 psi hydraulic system (most commercial aircraft use 3,000 psi) so they could reduce the size of the tubing to save weight. (among other reasons) The -10 hose weighs more too. -8 is still over-kill for most applications, but it's better to be safe, I suppose. Hope this helps with decisions on hose size.

I use -10 on my SBC, should make 2000hp. We used -8 on the Buick.

Don't use the stock rail to double feed. The fuel needs to circulate through the rails and to the regulator like with Champions rails. I think if the fast cars seem to always burn #1 it's a benefit to double feeding aftermarket rails.

Dusty,

Did you use stock of aftermarket rails on the Buick? The number #1 going lean was my concern. Thats why I was asking about dual feed the rail.

We're swapping to aftermarket rails. I looked at dual feeding the stock rails but had concerns about circulation. I spoke with Jason White who tried it and he said the car never ran right dual feeding the stock rail. The problem is air can get trapped because the fuel enters the rail in the front on both sides and the regulator is in the stock location. IMO the only way to do it is with aftermarket rails and a dual inlet port regulator.

Back