fueling prob...with double pumper

gn1090ss

HI TECH LOSER
been chasing this for a couple of years now.have atr twin pumps and it ran great for 4 to 5 years.about 2 yrs ago started developing a bad miss at wot that i couldnt pinpoint(plugs,maf and coilpak/module were changed)nothing helped had a lil hi blms but not bad.2 make a long story short i disconnected the 2nd pump and it runs greatnow at wot....reconnected and when boost hits 15 is misses again.my question is why and what has changed,what do you suggest???scan numbers remain the same just a little high on blms.

My ATR double pumper developed a similiar problem. Had it for 4 or so seasons, then it wouldn't increase fuel pressure during boost. I pulled the pump and discovered the wire's which were pigtailed and soldered had become badly corroded. The heat shrink also fell off and was floating in the tank. I decided to pull it and go back to the 340 as the double was overkill for my set-up anyway.

Scott

actually my problem now is to much fuel.when the secondary pump kicks in at wot at 15lbs of boost it bucks and misses severly.Not sure what to make of it!past seasons it was great,I just need to know why the car misses when 2nd pump comes on.I just dont want to blow this baby up.fp is set at 43idle and increases to 77 at wot with 1 pump!!doesnt seam right that i needed 2nd pump before and now cant handle 2nd pump.:confused:

Originally posted by gn1090ss
actually my problem now is to much fuel.when the secondary pump kicks in at wot at 15lbs of boost it bucks and misses severly.Not sure what to make of it!past seasons it was great,I just need to know why the car misses when 2nd pump comes on.I just dont want to blow this baby up.fp is set at 43idle and increases to 77 at wot with 1 pump!!doesnt seam right that i needed 2nd pump before and now cant handle 2nd pump.:confused:

If your only running 15 psi boost your probably not flowing enough air for the amount of fuel your throwing at it when the 2nd pump activates. Your probably running too rich and causing it to stumble. Try turning down the fuel pressure to 38 psi and give it another try. Then I would set the second pump to come on later say 18-20psi if it uses a hobbs switch.

thanks lazaris....That had been my next step but the weather is bad....can you or any 1 tell me which way to turn the hobbs switch counterclockwise or clockwise???thanks!!

I have a similar probelm. anyone know where I can buy and adjustable hobbs switch??? my 2nd pump kicks in at 15 PSI and it's too much fuel when running on the street.

I would like to go to a single high flow pump, but don't like the noise of the external pumps. are there any that are quiet or large enough to feed 700 HP in tank???

I like the weldon pumps but they are too noisey for the street.

Originally posted by gn1090ss
thanks lazaris....That had been my next step but the weather is bad....can you or any 1 tell me which way to turn the hobbs switch counterclockwise or clockwise???thanks!!

I believe turning the screw clockwise will raise the activation point.