Fun with 240sx and Audi s4

87we410877

had some fun today with my neighbor. 2014 s4 I think. 6 cal supercharged, intake tune. Got him the first time. Pretty evenly matched! My 240 is a stock s14 sr20 on stock boost. Has gone 12.35@110 on radials 1.71 60'

I gotta ask... You're saying that a 1990 NISSAN 240, does 12.35 with a stock s14 sr20 on stock boost? You do mean a 240 and not this, right?
nissan.jpg

I gotta ask... You're saying that a 1990 NISSAN 240, does 12.35 with a stock s14 sr20 on stock boost? You do mean a 240 and not this, right?View attachment 281646

No its a 240sx. Stock s14 SR20. Intercooler and 3" exhaust is all. I can drive and the motor just really runs amazing. Runs off all factory sensors and ECM. I didn't mess with it like most people do which causes it to run horribly. Even has the factory Recirculation.

And one of the motor. & interior. Car has 74K on it.

Attachments

• IMG_3822.JPG
    IMG_3822.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_3586.JPG
    IMG_3586.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 220
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_SR20DET

Not finding it... :( Nowhere in here do I see low 12 second power. What did I miss?

95-'99 S14 Silvia, 200sx Blacktop 8.5:1 162 kW (217 hp) @ 6000 rpm 205 lb·ft (278 N·m) @ 4800 rpm T-28 7psi, 14psi BB 62 trim 53.8 mm (2.1 in), .64 A/R housing, BB if JDM 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 in T-04B housing

Intake, exhaust intercooler ads a little power. It weighs about 2700 lbs the car. MT ET Streets.......... Or you can pay for my track day and tow there and put $1000 on top of that and i'll show you.

This is really not worth entertaining. I have a time slip and had fun. And have a witness. This has been beaten to death all over since i built the car and "wow i guess you're right and you can drive the shit out of that thing" is the most common outcome. It just runs good!

I don't doubt you - never did. I was just trying to figure out where that ET could have came from. The only thing I can think is that you have really good slicks, they pour GALLONS of vht on the track in between each pass, and the weight of your car. It is indeed really light. Though how does your car eek out a time slip that's a FULL 1.2 seconds quicker but with a hp/weight ratio of 12.44 lbs. per horse when my car has a 12.12 lbs per horse ratio? That's soo weird. I know the hp/weight ratio isn't that valid when you have to consider launch, ambient air temps, traction (from tires, diff fwd vs rwd vs awd) track prep, drivetrain loss, driver skill, torque curves, when the power band comes in, synergy between the intake design, cam, trans gearing, rear end gear, etc etc. I get that... but WOW. That car is bone stock?
Why isn't that thing in any car mag's sleeper articles?

I don't doubt you - never did. I was just trying to figure out where that ET could have came from. The only thing I can think is that you have really good slicks, they pour GALLONS of vht on the track in between each pass, and the weight of your car. It is indeed really light. Though how does your car eek out a time slip that's a FULL 1.2 seconds quicker but with a hp/weight ratio of 12.44 lbs. per horse when my car has a 12.12 lbs per horse ratio? That's soo weird. I know the hp/weight ratio isn't that valid when you have to consider launch, ambient air temps, traction (from tires, diff fwd vs rwd vs awd) track prep, drivetrain loss, driver skill, torque curves, when the power band comes in, synergy between the intake design, cam, trans gearing, rear end gear, etc etc. I get that... but WOW. That car is bone stock?
Why isn't that thing in any car mag's sleeper articles?

I am just that good lol. Idk doesn't make sense to me either but j assure you it's stock. Boost turned up to 14 from 10 but nothing on the motor changed. It's an animal and so much fun to drive. I call it my little red rocket. And by all means let's get this thing in a magazine!!! Show me the link I'll submit it.

had some fun today with my neighbor. 2014 s4 I think. 6 cal supercharged, intake tune. Got him the first time. Pretty evenly matched! My 240 is a stock s14 sr20 on stock boost. Has gone 12.35@110 on radials 1.71 60'

"I am just that good lol. Idk doesn't make sense to me either but j assure you it's stock. Boost turned up to 14 from 10 but nothing on the motor changed. It's an animal and so much fun to drive. I call it my little red rocket. And by all means let's get this thing in a magazine!!! Show me the link I'll submit it."

Thats where the disconnect was... Ok I see now. I just didn't put two and two together. That's a super rough estimate of around 257 horse that put that number down. So that's not a 12.44 lbs/horse ratio any longer that's about a 10.5 lbs/horse now. I'm trackin' now lol.

"I am just that good lol. Idk doesn't make sense to me either but j assure you it's stock. Boost turned up to 14 from 10 but nothing on the motor changed. It's an animal and so much fun to drive. I call it my little red rocket. And by all means let's get this thing in a magazine!!! Show me the link I'll submit it."

Thats where the disconnect was... Ok I see now. I just didn't put two and two together. That's a super rough estimate of around 257 horse that put that number down. So that's not a 12.44 lbs/horse ratio any longer that's about a 10.5 lbs/horse now. I'm trackin' now lol.

That video was stock boost. The track was not. Just didn't know I was under the microscope here lol. Even stock boost I believe the car would do 12.70

Appropriate:

Shit 240sx Owners Say

With that said...just pulling your leg a bit. ;)

Nice 240sx, you never see them that clean anymore. I would rather have your car than the Audi S4.

Appropriate:

Shit 240sx Owners Say

With that said...just pulling your leg a bit. ;)

Nice 240sx, you never see them that clean anymore. I would rather have your car than the Audi S4.

LOL this guy makes all kinds of videos. Hes hilarious!!

Man I love his little red rocket lol. Gonna take it out right now re reading all this!! still has 74k but it feels slower. I think I’m killing it