thoughts on what hp and times with my combo

wastegate puck is free and hole looks good

Attachments

• turbo wastegate.jpg
    turbo wastegate.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 223
something else if yall could look at on the log i see at 8.822 sec i hit 50mph but dont hit 60 mph for almost 3 more seconds the mph goes down is that normal

Were you in 3rd or 4th gear when you got to 50mph and then hit 60 almost 3 seconds later?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I don't trust that seal. I would buy and use the RJC plate and drill it to the Puck alighted and has a solid 1/8th around it or more. Test it then.

A picture of the Puck would be best to see where the exhaust print is located.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I wish I knew the things some of you guys know about torque converters but I am just confused by this. I have the gen2 DBB 6266 and factory torque converter on a basically stock engine. There is a noticeable lag, but nothing like you described. I can build 10 psi with the foot brake. Never timed it but definetely not even close to 9 seconds. That being said a dusty 9.5" is on my short list.

Don't take this post the wrong way. I'm glad your issue is gone. I'm just trying to learn

I wish I knew the things some of you guys know about torque converters but I am just confused by this. I have the gen2 DBB 6266 and factory torque converter on a basically stock engine. There is a noticeable lag, but nothing like you described. I can build 10 psi with the foot brake. Never timed it but definetely not even close to 9 seconds. That being said a dusty 9.5" is on my short list.

Don't take this post the wrong way. I'm glad your issue is gone. I'm just trying to learn

One of the things I learned from Bison was how the "right' converter puts engines in their power band and holds them there.
Another is how too big of a turbo will slow a car down and not increase power over the "right" turbo for the combo.

I would say you have too much turbo. With that, getting the "right" converter will be difficult. You'd need to chat with others to really see what is best for your goal.
If I had your car I'd get a 10 PTC lock up and go to a 5858 JB turbo.

Last edited:
I had to buy a turbo immediately. But I have plans for gn1 heads / roller set up when I blow headgaskets, and a fmic. The turbo is too big now. But I want to grow into it. I don't mind spending money but I don't want a collection of turbos either lol. When hard parts fail I will build the engine. This turbo should support any power level I would ever want to get. I don't need to go 9's but I would love to be deep into 10's eventually

You'll definitely need to strengthen up the internals to go deep into the 10s without doing damage. Depending on how often you plan to race it. If you are running at the track a lot maybe look into building up the whole motor even though plenty of 109s go consistent 10s with stock bottom end. Better to be safe than sorry, you know.

So I forgot about this post.... I ran back in October car ran 11.3@116. Got home pulled transmission and motor dropped oil pan found shreds of bearing material. Pulled motor out for rebuild for out a fee things about the motor it had hypereutectic pistons unported heads and intake. I wasn't happy in those finds... I am now building it with je pistons stock crank stock rods. Heads and intake being ported. So with that being said I was shocked how well the 6266 did with no port work done..... Looking to be rolling in june

Yeah that's for sure. Nows I can say built no bought lol. Now I'm 100% on what's in the motor and know its limitations

If your going je pistons and going to run low tens with that turbo I highly recommend Not using stock crank and go forged.. Just my .02 .... Good luck with your new build and hope it runs the number you want:)