You can type here any text you want

G-Body Parts Front Upper Control Arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Not sure if I missed this but need some verification.

Got the G-Body Parts front upper control arms.
Which way does the connecting bar face? (Sorry for my lack of use of correct terminology :wink: )
One side of the bar is stamped with the name/logo, the other is not.
If you look at this bar, it can be rotated 180 deg, and it appears to have an offset based onthe distance from centerline to mounting surface.
Obviously (At least to me :tongue:), there must be a “right” and “wrong” way to do this.

Appreciate any feedback.

with shaft toward frame and ball joint to outside the offset that sets the balljoint forward is the correct way to install

easier ....longer arm from ball joint gets positioned toward the rear of car

with shaft toward frame and ball joint to outside the offset that sets the balljoint forward is the correct way to install

easier ....longer arm from ball joint gets positioned toward the rear of car

Got it!
Which way does the shaft with the two holes install?
Here appears to be an offset in the shaft itself. (??)
Thanks!

Edit;
I added the picture to clarify the question.
If you look at the shaft, the distance from the shaft centerline to the frame mount changes if you turn it 180 deg., which would change the camber setting.

Attachments

• IMAG0219.JPG
    IMAG0219.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 391
thats the way i would start , always better to have a little negative camber (inward tip) than the other way , when you go to get alignment if they find they cant get the caster angle back far enough (positive caster ) needing less than 0 shims at at front position because of too much negative camber you can then rotate the shaft (similar to problem solver shafts) to move the camber back closer to neutral

Wheel Alignment Explained - What is Caster, Camber, Toe In, Toe Out, Alignment - Four Wheel Alignment

Back