G body's heat only heater box reviews

richardv6

thinking about getting one of these ,anyone got one ? If so how's fit and function. Says he sold thousands. But only one review. Love to hear feed back on this product.

I've done this. I bought the panel from AGM directly though. Nice, quality piece. Takes a lot of fabrication though. A lot. You have to create the fan shroud and direct it toward the heater core. All the while chopping your A/C box up for needed pieces. It does create a lot more space on the passenger side which is great. I have tall valve covers and no clearance issues.
Instead of just drilling holes in the top for venting I got an extra door jam vent and cut that in. Looks stock. Pick up a cowel vent screen and you got it.
I'll throw up some pictures if you want to see them tomorrow.

Pics of backside, clearance to valve cover and I had mine Hydro Dipped in Carbon Fiber.
I added the topside vent later on as well as the bottom drain holes.

Attachments

• 102_0847.JPG
    102_0847.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 249
  • 102_0848.JPG
    102_0848.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 239
  • 102_0845.JPG
    102_0845.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 225
  • 102_0866.JPG
    102_0866.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 232
that's pretty cool.
For some reason I keep my A/C although I never use it? Hmmm.....

Never used my A/C either, ever. Had to change the compressor once but just put some PAG oil in it and never even charged the system. On the frame off I'm doing I wanted to go another route and free up some space. But I still wanted defrost and heat since that extends the driving season.
I would have like to retain the factory A/C box in this for the future but you pretty end up hacking it into pieces. I was a little surprised they couldn't have made the necessary back hand side pieces. Make it a separate piece you glue in if need be. The directions are a little vague. You really need some skills and imagination for fabrication.
The AGM piece is a nice piece though. Very high quality. You also don't have to change any of the under dash ducting or A/C control panel. It's just if select AC it wouldn't do anything.