Gamblers Race at Moroso?

BLACK6PACK

1 sec reaction King
I was just looking at the schedule on Moroso's site and noticed the "TnT and gamblers race" this saturday. What is it?

Anybody going up for TNT on friday?

Yup. I'm going up either Friday or Saturday. TNT will be $15 on Fri and $15 on Sat. Friday will be from 6 to 11 and Sat will be from 5 til 11.

I don't work on friday, so if I leave my house at 3:00 and get their by 5, by the time I swich out the Pump gas for C-16 and mount the slicks, it will prolly be 6.

Hopefully, it doesn't rain and I get atleast 4 passes.

F it, I'll go up both days if I have too! This thing has to go low to mid 12's. HAS TOO!

:D

Hey Jorge. You better check your keyboard. It looks like you typed a 12 instead of a 13.:confused:

I am game for Friday.:cool:

I just need to change out the radiator and see if it will run cooler. If I can get that done tomorrow I may be game. Although, I watched the news this morning and they said we will have late afternoon showers the rest of the week and over the weekend.

Originally posted by jsta6
Hey Jorge. You better check your keyboard. It looks like you typed a 12 instead of a 13.:confused:

Shawn, got that adjustable wastegate rod yet. If not, it's no big deal... as it's only the FIRST thing that you do when you buy one of these cars..... :eek:

If you get your butt out their this weekend, you can watch me run 12's. I'll leave the 13's for you bud. Please, leave the 14's alone.

:cool:

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
I just need to change out the radiator and see if it will run cooler.

If not, then me thinks you made your headgaskets mad at you and, well........

Although, I watched the news this morning and they said we will have late afternoon showers the rest of the week and over the weekend.

SHUT UP!

I have to work friday night, so I will not be able to attend.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Alex

I'm not using coolant, I just have a 15 year old 200k cruded up radiator. I've got gabbys radiator now, so I should have it up and running soon.

Turbojorge mid to low 12`s . Now i have heard it all. I thought we where hoping for hi 12s but low 12 is outstanding . I think you otta go high 12s first then see what she is made of . To quote a friend IT`S easier from the stands ! Lol Laz I could not help myself.

Laz, you know me man. I always estimate something rediculous and it never happens for me. :D I just think the car is running better than ever. To be honest with you, I'll be really disapointed if I don't go at least 12.50-12.60 at about 108. But who knows.

It's just that it has too!! I mean, their is no explantion why it shouldn't go at least that fast....I mean... I don't know... Guess I still have alot to learn if I don't!!! :confused:

Get that red POS rustang of that trailer! That crap doesn't belong up their! Put the Camaro up their and take it up friday!

Later

I am glad to see your ready . I might go on sat. but we will see . Hey launch it like you stole it and atleast run a 12.90 it gets easier as you go . Laz

I practiced launching of the E-Brake today. I may give it a try tomorrow, depending on how things are going. I've held 7 psi once of the foot brake, and lets just say I was in Overdrive by the end of the 60' :eek: (Ofcourse that was before the posi and with a 235/60 radial). I'll try to hold 10 psi tomorrow and hope I don't start creeping forward (like last time :eek: ). That shouldn't be a problem with the 26X10 et drags but it all depends on the brakes.

After talking with a few guys, it looks like I may be on my own tomorrow.

Brad, you going up? Shawn? Rain or shine, I'll take my chances.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I was just watching the news (don't have to work today!!!) and they said it was going to rain for sure, how much was the question. I got the radiator in yesterday, and let it run for about 20 minutes and it never got above 165*, but I don't think I want to have its maiden voyage be to the track. I was thinking about tomorrow, but the 400 is on. We'll see, I may try to get her running good today. I'm headed off to Circuit City and Sound Advice, I might just buy a stereo for the GN. I figure after 4 years without a radio in it, its time to ad some tunes.

Great night for racing

Aw man, you guy's missed it. What a great night for racing. It was an absolutely beautiful afternoon with no clouds in sight. One cloud did move through at about 8:00 pm but not a drop of rain the whole night.

I GOT 7 PASSES! :)

First pass was a 13.27@102.85 w/2.1 60'. Boost was only set at 22psi, FP @45 line off. The car was running pig rich so I turned down the FP and for some reason, it didn't like it and went 13.59 @102. (Maybe not enough cool down time) So I put the FP back up and tried turning the boost up, but the gauge still read 22 the following pass. :confused: The next few runs were all in the 13.5-13.7 area. I didn't know what was going on. Finally, I talked to Laz and he told me to drop the FP to 39 and I did. I also dropped 1 more psi in the ET drags (from 14 to 13) and I decided to put the garbage can (AKA intercooler scoop :D ) and I decided to manually shift the car.

It was my last pass and I blasted a 12.940 @106.04! :) Terrible 2.0 60'.

I tell you boy that garbage can did the trick. :D

Thanks Laz.

:) Congrats Jorge! That's just the beginning. A little more tuning and better 60 ft and low 12s are around the corner.

Great run dude.

I swear the garbage can knocked 3/10 off my 1/4 time also...

Seven runs! Wow. I think a lot of folks (like me) were scared off by the rain...

Anyone going tonight?

Thanks guys.

The car was still pig rich on that run. I went threw the traps at .812 on the SM. My lowest 02 was .777 and that was at the top of second cause I held it in way passed it's normal shift point and I almost hit the Rev limiter. I had no knock what so ever on that run...come to think of it, I had no knock on any of my 7 runs, just a big 18.7* count during a burn out. I took a dump cause I though I was done, but it was only false knock from the big jerk I got when the tires hooked.
Once my driving skills get better, my 60's should drop and I may be able to go deeper into the 12's with this same set up. But I guess I'll never know cause I already have step 14 coming (Shhh....top secret). ;) Maybe 1 more trip with this set up in the next couple weeks to give 12.6 another shot or at least repeat the 12.9.