Gbody Parts and Communication problems? recently June202007

We get the fillers in pre packaged. If they were "repaired" I have no control over that.
I have been selling the same fillers for 7 years. The only reason I'm looking into getting these manufactured else where is because of laying out thousands of dollars & taking a month to get them in. The quality has gone down & I'm guessing the molds are getting worn out? Different manufacturer to the company supplying us? I don't really know.Some come in excellent others are like WTF happened to this 1.

The delay in shipment, once again I'm promised X amount of parts by a certain date. They do not arrive & I get calls e-mails etc "where are my parts"
Monday we (3 people) spent no less then 9 hours on the phone asking for tracking #'s that were e-mailed,tech questions, how much is this part when you are looking at our site etc... Kind of hard to ship when 3 people are answering phones all day on rediculous questions.
I pulled this 1 on a customer Monday added $20 to a part just to hear "well here on your site it states $119.95." My response was then why are you calling asking for a price if you can plainly see it? :rolleyes:
That isn't every customer but you get the idea.

I also love when we get a call or e-mail needing it next day like it is our emergency when you knew 2 weeks prior your car was in the shop getting painted.

Believe me guys I was on your side of the fence 7 years ago & never remember this attitude. The community has changed alot in the last 2 years.
I remember ordering parts & getting them in 2 weeks & was like wow that was fast.

This is the reality I want to sell you parts.
Manufacturers are trying to get us the parts to sell to us.
There are not many manufacturers building parts for these cars anymore.
We spend Thousands of $ a year coming up with new parts for 20 year old cars that were built in a limited quanity. No other vendors saying here Brian I'll kick in this much to develop this product. They are there when it's done asking for a discount to re-sell.

Guys we are not dealing with Mustangs or Camaro's here.
Done defending & bitching going home to my family.Just try to see the other side once. I'm here to make $ by not having the parts in stock I'm not doing that.I want them in stock so we can make a profit to develop new products for these cars. I love the cars as much as you do.

Ok - good rant - maybe well desrved

Still - My father always told me be polite - untill its time not to be polite any more

and Now its that time

Brian - you posted this rant about the stupid questions you have gotten - how you get the parts - and so on'

BUT - you still have not responded to my questions -

YOU stated You GOT the rear parts - your web has the bumpers and sweeps in stock, you did not respond when i said the front fillers where cracked......

WHEN WILL I GET MY PARTS???
WHY ARE MY FILLERS CRACKED AND NOT SHIPPED IT BUBBLE WRAP??
WHY WHEN I SAID THEY WHERE CRACKED DID YOU NOT CONTACT ME DIRECTLY??
WHY DO YOU NOT RESPOND TO MY EMAILS???

Is that simple enough??

I have checked all my email accounts and PM's - you can post here and rant about other customers - BUT CANT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS OR CALL/EMAIL ME?

Thats messed up

again I am not heart less - i hope your family is well - but come on this is stupid.....

hows this -
send me new uncracked front bumper fillers
send me RMA and shipping lable and I will send the ones I have back
send me my parts I am waiting on - rear bumper, front bumper, rear fillers, dew sweeps - NOW or give me ETA NOW!
Give me credit on parts because of this problem

TO be honest - I have been very gracious - and defended G-body because of past dealings - but i am at my limit now - and Brain's post with no responce to any of my problems is unforgivable in my eyes

If I do not recieve at least at responce - my CC company will be contacted

all email and conversations have been documented - even in this post

Mike

- sorry guys - just seems like I am being lead along at this point. If you disagree please let me know.

I've had nothing but a postive experience. I got a header panel that was not what I thought. Granted he could have said, that's what you ordered, but he took care of the problem right away.

I've seen some questionable people rip Brian lately and I can start to see where he's coming from, but I can see your point too. Just to add further, I've even had Brian go out of his way to send me some hardware I needed for free. Granted this was awhile ago, but I always thought that was pretty cool.

i now see why venders quit. Complain complain complain then kick people while their down... good stuff. You should all be proud of yourselves.

i now see why venders quit. Complain complain complain then kick people while their down... good stuff. You should all be proud of yourselves.

I was one of the ones DEFENDING Brian -

ALL I am asking for is an ETA on the rest of my ORDER

He sent me an email saying the rear fillers where in - ok when can I get them

He has posted here - but I still have not received an email, PM, call - nothing

So how am I being unreasonable? Really let me know - maybe I am - but from my point of view right now - I am being overlooked and ignored

I know Brian has personal and bussiness issues right now
and as I stated MANY times in the past - he did do right by me
and I really do feel for him with the accident and all

But this is getting old now - he can post here - but not simply send me a PM??

For the record - cliff notes
The order was made on 6/13/2007
I reveived less then 1/2 order on 6/18/2007
I contact G-Body on 6/18/2007 and 6/19/2007
Did not hear back from Brain till 6/21/2007 - stated rear fillers where in
(Granted at this time his wife was in the hospitial and G-body was closed)
Responded on 6/21/2007 - just need ETA on rest of parts - please get back to me
Never received a responce
Posted here on 6/27/2007 because Brian posted on 6/26/2007 - maybe did not get my email - can read the post
Posted here on 6/28/2007 because Brian posted here BUT STILL with out responding to my email requests for ETA information

Today 6/29/2007 - and still no info comming from Brian

For the record - web site does not say parts are not in stock (Fiberglass rear bumper, Fiberglass front bumper, Fiberglass rear fillers, dew sweeps)
For the record - i have tried to call - either got fast buzy, just rang for 5 min, answering machine

Thats 13 working days -
Received cracked front fillers poorly packed (Brians staffing problems no doubt)
got less then 1/2 my order
no responce to my questions about the cracked fillers return/replace -
no reponce to my requests for ETA on arrival of the rest of the order - EVEN after Brain said some parts where in

All I really need is COMMUNICATION RESPONCE - If Brain sent me an email - "Hey we are still having problems - your parts will ship (date) - The cracks should not be there or thats how I get all of the fillers" I would not be posting here.

Brain - again - not trying to bash you here - but come on - if you can post here - you can return my email, post here about my question, or PM me

Like I have said - I have paint booth time waiting and need and ETA

I hope things are going better - and your family is feeling better -
PLEASE get back to me ASAP

I am sure that this is just and over sight because of the accident and staffing problems - but like I said I am feeling left out in the cold here.

Oh and I didnt mean to YELL in the post above this one - that was rude - just was really frustrated at the time...sorry

Talking with Brian

Brian and I are having a running conversation via email now

he's swamped

Apparently having some vendor issue's also

I will let him clairify on that point.

He's not hostile in any way - and I am just trying to work threw this issue with him

good news his wife is better and back to work

I will post the conclusion when it arrives

Mike:smile:

Moderators - Staff - Members

Problem pretty much solved - Talked with Brian at lenght on the phone - after hours

There is much I was not aware of that affect this situation/problem - and alot that the gerneral community does not know

In the end he understood my postion and I understood his

It took some communication ironing out - misunderstandings

As of now Brian has again proven to me that he is one of the best around when it comes to crunch time - and even though he was not happy with my posts - was polite, understanding, and down right friendly

I would not hesitate to order from him again and recomend G-body to every one who needs parts for these cars

Brian was a little upset with me and this post - and I was upset because of the problems - but we understood each other and for the most part did not make any harsh statements that would cause harm

some times it just takes talking to hash things out

I am going to be sending him some other parts (IE exuast manifold) for repair - no questions asked

In conclusion - from my experience - if you need a part - he's the one to go to - but just give it some time/understanding - its a rebuilding process at this point - and Brian will do what ever it takes to get it right once the fall out is over. Its not the same G-body that was in PA at this time - will be no doubt - but very little staff right now.

Moderators - please after this post is up and the board has viewed the concusion remove my posts - I tried but cant

I do not want to have this post searchable and a blem against G-body or Brian - it was just a misunderstanding on both party parts

Brian - thanks for calling me at HOME to get this worked out - on a Friday - after 7pm EST

shows you really care - again I hope I didnt cross the line and burn any bridges -

Mike

Mike, there's a lot about Brian's situation(s) that not announced for public review/dissection- after talking to him, I think you understand. Suffice it to say that most people would have thought about a shotgun breakfast if they were in Brian's shoes......

Gbodyparts provides a top notch service, and people should be grateful, rather than so damn quick to bitch, whine, and complain.

Good to hear that you have both sides of the story, and things have been worked out.

Saleen90181 / Parts Quality ??

Saleen90181,

Back to a question , about the original post.

I have been waiting for Brian to get settled in after his move to order 2 full sets of fiberglass bumper fillers.
Now I'm undecided whether to wait any longer for quality to get better.
Or purchase somewhere else.
Fillers use to be good enough as shipped to bolt on and run.(Key:use to be)
Not show quality by any means. But , get-by until later date.( not deep scratches , cracks etc.)

Anyway (Saleen90181) , what is the end result of your bumper fillers and what condition are your final parts in.

Not bashing anyone. Just want to purchase the best quality fiberglass fillers available.

Thanks,

G*C* #317

i have ordered alot of stuff from brian and the move has definatly been a hard one , but he is a stand up guy and we all should be happy (including my self) that there are vendors trying to make parts for our 20 year (old not as popular as a camaro or mustang )cars it could be worse:mad: i had a couple of problems with him since the move but we worked it out and he was MORE than fair. garunteed my money will always go to him and with 4 g-bodys it will always be steady;) good job brian u cant win them all but u can try. talk to u later jason/power audio

Saleen90181,

I have been waiting for Brian to get settled in after his move to order 2 full sets of fiberglass bumper fillers.
Not show quality by any means. But , get-by until later date.( not deep scratches , cracks etc.)

Anyway (Saleen90181) , what is the end result of your bumper fillers and what condition are your final parts in.

Not bashing anyone. Just want to purchase the best quality fiberglass fillers available.

Thanks,

G*C* #317

This is what I explained to Mike they were suppose to be here last Wed.
I have alot of $ laid out & I'm calling & e-mailing daily. I have 20 sets of fillers coming in.
Just so you know we also offer ABS with a life time warranty but they are less then $100 more a set.Nice thing is that we have sold so many of these that even if your car gets hit you send in the peices & just pay shipping & you get another set as long as you own your car.
We have sold over 800 sets of these fillers in the last 2 years. The rear fillers are tough to beat for the wormenship. Both sets have perfect alignment & looks on the front.
GBodyParts.com Online

Hey Brian, I know you are busy, I sent you an email regarding a pan gasket and hood bolt.

Saleen90181,

Thanks,

G*C* #317

Nerverlift

Dont hesitate getting from Brian - G-body - just to show you how Brian handled my situation - with out to much detail

He is going to ship me a new one with the rest of the order i am waiting on -
The parts will ship monday - minus the rear fillers - he is still waiting on from his vendor
as soon as the rear fillers arive - he will ship them to me - ETA - some time late next week

It was only the Driver side that was an issue - it was the one in the pics that showed the scraches, crack. The PS one one basicly - Drill holes, polish, test fit, trim - install. I am going to paint it - but if I was not going to paint the entire car it would have been fine and better then passable.

But still sending me the new replacement part with the rest of my order.

He's really eating the extra shipping because of the vendor problem on the rears - replaceing the part I said is damaged sight unseen - and ensuring me that once the rears come in they will be sent out ASAP.

Made me happy - and I am sure it would make anyone else happy too hearing that!

I am guessing I will receive the rear bumper, front bumper, dew sweeps, and replacement DS filler mid this week. Then the rear fillers early to mid next week.

That is the info Brian expressed to me. Again on a Friday Night - after hours - calling me AT HOME.

When its all together I will be sure to post pics of my new parts and how good they look on my car!!!!!!!!

FYI - I went with the Fiberglass because I am getting the Fiberglass Front and Rear Bumpers -

Brian - I hope I am not giving out to much info on our trasaction/converation - just want to tell how well you handled this

Mike

Still have not received right roof rail weatehr strips

I have been having trouble getting Brian to ship me the corrrect item that was shipped to me. It been since May 22, 2007 since I been back and forth sending e-mails and talking to him on the phone and I get the same response. They will get shipped today, they been shipped. Well he did drop ship one for GM but it was the wrong one. The I contact him again and he said he would take care of it. Until today I am still waiting. Does anyone have any suggestions? On the same purchase he also shipped me the wrong color of carpet twice. He took care of me but it also took about 2-3 weeks for it to happen. What should I do?

order issues

for what its worth. i, too, have had some recent order issues from g-body. still wait on a refund on parts not recieved.

I have been having trouble getting Brian to ship me the corrrect item that was shipped to me. It been since May 22, 2007 since I been back and forth sending e-mails and talking to him on the phone and I get the same response. They will get shipped today, they been shipped. Well he did drop ship one for GM but it was the wrong one. The I contact him again and he said he would take care of it. Until today I am still waiting. Does anyone have any suggestions? On the same purchase he also shipped me the wrong color of carpet twice. He took care of me but it also took about 2-3 weeks for it to happen. What should I do?

You should have recieved by now shipped second day from GM.

We are pretty well getting settled in now & organized. Most orders are shipping the same day like we were doing 5 months ago. Getting the new guys trained.
Had to chuckle today when our summer helper new by the price what spring bushing was needed by the price. I was like finally!
Getting most of our suppliers re-stocked in our building instead of drop shipping.
New upper & lower front control arms are finally finished & on their way in.
We have 8 more Buicks on their way in some for parts & some getting fixed & up for sale.
Easiest way to reach me for any problems is an e-mail.
Thanks again guys for putting up with delays & having faith in us. I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel:biggrin:

horn ring

thanks for the fast service and the great deal with the repo gn horn ring, thanks for the center. et10sec:smile: