Gbody Parts and Communication problems? recently June202007

saleen90181

I know from the past threads that Gbody was having some issues communicating and sending parts due to the move.

But that was some time ago - and I after reading the posts from Brian I was sure that it was all taken care of.

I have dealt with Gbody in the past and have been extremely happy with the parts and service

That is why when it was time to make a BIG order (over $1300.00) I didn’t hesitate to order from Gbody

I ordered on 6/13/2007 and as I expected my parts arrived quickly - got them on 6/18/2007 - but only SOME of them

And here is where I started down the path that leads me to this post..

I only received 1/2 my order and did not receive an ETA of when the rest of it would ship.

Also some of the parts I received where damaged - I ordered the front and rear fiberglass bumper fillers - only received the front ones and they were in really bad shape -
Deep gel coat scratches, cracked and 1/2 azz repaired, chipped so on - see pics
Putfile - Uploaded Picture

I was also VERY surprised on how they were shipped - just put in the box with the rest of the parts - not bubbled wrapped or protected.

WOW - must be an over site - I have dealt with Brian in the past and never had ANY types of problems.

So like he always tells everyone that he deals with I sent him an email and sales , asking for when the second ½ of the order would ship and
Included pics of the damaged parts and told him to contact me via email on how he would like to handle it - that was Monday 6/18/2007 LATE

Now in the past Brian would get back to me within a day - either to say he didn’t have time to look at the pics yet and will get back to me - or on how to solve the problem

I didn’t receive an email back - again VERY surprised - but figured that he was really busy or may be didn’t get the mail.

I called on 6/19/2007 late in the day and got a fast busy - ut oh :eek: 252-332-8787

Hey lines might be down - strange yes - unheard of no.

So this morning EARLY 6/20/2007 I still have not gotten any response. I sent another email, again just as a “DID YOU GET THIS/Are you OK?”

Still no response – so I called again – Fast Busy AGAIN – ut oh X2

So does anyone know if they are having major problems?? Like I said I have dealt with them and Brain in the past and NEVER EVER had an issue
Now I get bad parts, no response to email, and can’t call them because the phones are down?? NOT LIKE BRIAN AT ALL!!
Brian – I hope everything is ok – Please post here or email me – I am sure this is just an over site and other issues compounding this problem. I am not trying to bash you here – just hopeing since I have not been able to contact you in any other way you will get a chance to look at this and address my concerns.

Here are the emails I sent – I have removed my address – don’t want to get spammed - Internet Order #1924 – 6/13/2007
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:33 AM
To: 'BWEAVY@aol.com'
Cc: 'sales@gbodyparts.com'
Subject: RE: Order Process Part Problem #5

Brian,
I know you are busy, but so you think you will have the chance to look at the pics of the damaged Bumper Fillers I received? I would like to know how we can resolve this and get me new/undamaged parts. Also I am really interested in when the 2nd half of my order is estimated to be shipped/arrive.
Look forward to hearing from you soon. Hope all is well.

Thank you,

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:08 AM
To: BWEAVY@aol.com
Cc: sales@gbodyparts.com
Subject: RE: Order Process Part Problem #4

Here is Part 4 – more photos
And the DHL shipping tracking number – received today – I just opened the box when I got home from work.
These parts where obviously NOT damaged in shipping
It’s hard to fix and sand a cracked fiberglass piece in a sealed box.
Please get back to me as soon as possible. Like I said I am very surprised and now worried that the rest of my fiberglass pieces will be of the same quality.
I was expecting the parts to arrive looking like this –
https://www.gbodyparts.com/images/gnff-lg.jpg
I am very confident after my many other orders and speaking with you in the past that this can be resolved quickly and was an over site. I look forward to your email response.
Thank you,

DHL Shipment Notification

Greetings from DHL!

On June 14, 2007 a shipment label was printed by *. Gbodyparts.com
(252-332-8787) of G BODY PARTS for delivery to *********. The
shipment number of this package is 22040801***.

Sender's message:
'No message.'

To track this shipment use any of these options:

1) Click or enter the following URL in your browser:
DHL: File Not Found
2) Enter the shipment number(s) on the DHL tracking page:
http://track.dhl-usa.com/
3) Send an email to track.it@dhl.com. You may list up to 25 shipment
numbers separated by commas in the message area of the email. You'll
receive a return email with detailed information about the status of your
shipment(s).

For further assistance,
please call DHL Customer Service at 1-800-225-5345. For International
Customer Service, please use the following link to obtain the appropriate
Customer Service contact information:
DHL: Contact DHL.

Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 11:57 PM
Subject: RE: Order Process Part Problem #3

Here is Part 3 – more photos

Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 11:52 PM
Subject: RE: Order Process Part Problem #2

Here is Part 2 – more photos

Brian,
I just received my latest order and I am very surprised in what I found. I have ordered from you in the past many part and have been greatly satisfied. My order was extensive and added up to over $1300.00 dollars. So far I have only received ½ of my order and have not been informed when the other half will be shipped.
I have included a copy of my invoice and the details I have been given. The problem is with the fiberglass front bumper fillers I received with this ½ of the order. I will be including many photos of the problems I found when opening the box today. The fillers are horrible in condition and looks like they have been used, repaired, and then resold. There are cracks in the fiberglass and the gel coat is damaged on both of the fillers.
The pics show the damage. Your description states that these are passable for most GN’s. Well without major work on the parts I received I don’t see how that is possible. The crack in the DS side filler was obviously half azzed repaired and never gel coated. There are deep scratches in the gel coat on both parts.
As I said I have been very happy with the parts I have ordered in the past so I was VERY surprised with the condition of these fillers. I hope the rest of my fiberglass order does not come to me as these did (Rear and Front Bumper, and rear fillers – I am still waiting on)
You will receive a couple of high res photos from me – I don’t want to put them in one email as I fear they will be blocked because of the size. As you can see the parts are in bad shape. I was also surprised how they were shipped – just shoved in the box with no protection from the other parts. I thought at least they would be bubble wrapped.
Please let me know how we can correct this situation and make sure the other parts I am receiving do not arrive in the same condition. Also please provide me with an estimated shipping date for the other parts on the order. I look forward to hearing from you and hope the move went well.

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 4:09 pm
Subject: Order Process

GBodyParts.com
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 1924
Detailed Invoice: https://www.gbodyparts.com/account_history_info.php?******
Date Ordered: Wednesday June 13, 2007

Bumper Fillers state both right and left - should be both front and rear sets.
That is the pricing on the page and I have paid for Front and Rear SETS.

Products
1 x Fiberglass Bumper - Front () = $190.00
-> Oversize Fee
1 x Pair Front Fiberglass Bumper Fillers () = $230.00
-> Both Left and Right
1 x T-Top Panel Weatherstripping (LH 20217187 - RH 20217186) = $110.00
-> Both Left and Right
1 x T-Top Frame Weatherstripping (LH 20211821 - RH 20211820) = $290.00
-> Both Left and Right
1 x Fiberglass Bumper - Rear () = $190.00
-> Oversize Fee
1 x Lower Door Weatherstripping (LH 20201221 - RH 202) = $198.00
-> Both Left and Right
1 x Outside Black Window Dew Sweep () = $119.90
-> Both Left and Right
Sub-Total: $1,327.90
United States Postal Service (1 x 46.8lbs) (Priority Mail): $25.75
Total: $1,353.65

Delivery Address
United States

Billing Address
United States

Payment Method
Credit Card

Didnt see Sticky - Thanks

Did not see the sticky - my bad
Thanks for pointing it out!!:cool:

They sould put something up on their site - just a suggestion..

Hope Brian gets things worked out

and hope the personal stuff is not serious:frown:

Mike

Thanks Brian

Prompt (As you could be with the phone/internet problems)
Polite
and Knowledgeable

How can you beat that???

To all you guys panicking about getting parts

Brain is good for all of them - just takes some time.

Thanks Brian

Thanks Brian

Polite
and Knowledgeable

How can you beat that???

Brian is good for all of them - just takes some time.

brain is awsome with his move all the problems with the move and family related stuff he is still on top of it. im sure in a month or so everything will be running smooth.

OK guys, I too made an almost $1000 order the 18th, was supposed to go Priority Mail at $46 shipping and was getting pretty worried too. I hope all is well and we have put you all in out prayers for a speedy recovery. Thanks to the forum guys for "Settling down " the worriers like me. God grant me patience, and I want it NOW!!! Ron

Thanks Brian

Polite
and Knowledgeable

How can you beat that???

Brain is good for all of them - just takes some time.

I would like to know what he told u on the broken fillers ! :eek: Let me guess...ummm ? He told u that u had to file a complaint with the shipping company ??? :rolleyes: Same happened to me & I believe that my item was indeed boxed already broken. BTW it didn't have any bubble wrapper or nothing, jsut in there with the rest of the parts. :mad:

I would like to know what he told u on the broken fillers ! :eek: Let me guess...ummm ? He told u that u had to file a complaint with the shipping company ??? :rolleyes: Same happened to me & I believe that my item was indeed boxed already broken. BTW it didn't have any bubble wrapper or nothing, jsut in there with the rest of the parts. :mad:

The company that Brian gets the fillers from dont pack em very well.It took 4 swaps before I got a crack free pair....And I didnt order them thru Brian,ordered them direct.

Ive personally dealt with Brian MANY times and if he has your $$$'s for parts,its safer than $$$ in the bank;)All you have to do is look at all the parts he repops for our cars and youll see hes not going anywhere!You dont see the big guys like Year One stepping up to help us...

Hope you get settled in soon Brian!

I also ordered the fiberglass fillers from G-Body parts and they arrived in about the same condition - HOWEVER....I had a good friend of mine paint and install them for me and he told me that was pretty typical of fiberglass bumper fillers from Danko (the manufacturer). So I'm guessing that's the condition Brian receives them from Danko.

Apparently, the fillers took some work to make them fit and get them ready for paint, but my buddy (16 years doing paint and body - much of that was custom work) said that's typical. He also said that if they were plastic (ABS) there would have been no way to make them fit - they would have split and broken and would have been impossible to repair correctly. The fiberglass is much more forgiving and repairable where they cracked.

The end result looks perfect - my bumper fillers are ready for AutoRama! Too bad the rest of the car isn't. :p

Unfortunatly 4 me, my part was a taillight lens. :mad: Not a fixable filler. :rolleyes:

Puerto rico order correct? You must file claims I can't eat $100.00 because you don't want to file a claim.

at7we2 that is the nature of Fiberglass. We offer ABS we offer new GM & used.
Our ABS has a lifetime warranty if broken no questions asked just return them.

We are working with another manufacturer of fillers & they are alot more heavy duty then what we have been selling.

Still some Questions?

Brian,

Heck I dont mean to be a pest - but..

I still have not received ETA on the rest of my order to be shipped

And you didnt get back to me about the cracks in the parts

I know you have been busy - but I have sent a few emails with no responce yet

The last communication I received was -
Sent: Wed 6/20/2007 8:55 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Order Process Part Problem #1

Mike that is the nature of Fiberglass.The gel coat gets scratched when they pull it from the mold we have literally sold over 5000 of these units. They do need to be painted.
Rears arrived today.

Thanks,
Brian Weaver

GBodyParts.com
343 NC 42 West
Ahoskie NC 27910
(252) 332-8787 GBodyParts.com Online
Fax (252) 332-8087

Need Custom G-body replacement parts?TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, 94-6 Impala SS, 93-up F Body Cars, Olds G-Body Cars - TURBO REGAL CUSTOM PARTS

And I responded -

Brian,

Just read that your wife and child where involved in a car accident. So sorry I hope they feel better soon – thankfully – from your post it was nothing life threatening. And you where up late I see – so just shoot me an email about what I stated/sent when you get a chance.

Chin up - it can only get better – right?

Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:56 AM
Subject: RE: Order Process Part Problem #1

Brian,

Ok I understand they will need to be painted. That’s understandable. But the one was cracked and repaired. And you can still see the crack in the fiberglass. Is that normal too?

Cool the rears arrived!!!! – how about the front and rear bumpers? Also waiting on the dew sweeps. Can you give me an ETA?

Didn’t want to be a pain – I know from reading the boards that the move was a PITA and you have had some staffing problems. I was just surprised about the condition and the cracks – just thought they would look like the pics on the site – my ignorance about these G-Body parts I guess.

You have always done right by me in the past – so if you say that’s how the parts are – then that’s how they are. Please shoot me an email when you get a chance about bumpers and stuff.

I hope all is well and again didn’t mean to be a PITA – I was just concered because I could not reach you, didn’t know about the fillers, and (because I could not reach you) worried about the bumpers and rear fillers. You always have gotten back to me in record time – thank you!!!

Brian - I really hope your family is well - please just let me know when I can receive my parts - so i can schedule the paint booth

And let me know about the Front fillers - if the pics are typical for how you receive them

Mike

Maybe I am way off in my thinking, but the bumper fillers should be in good condition when they leave the business from which you purchase them. If they are not inspected and/or are shipped when they are known to be damaged, it is the responsibility of the seller to make it right....period.

I was in sales for 23 years and I now own my own business. When you are in a business that is customer service, they key word is CYA.....cover your azz. Inspect your products before you ship them and make sure they are properly packaged.

Brian has treated the buick community very well and hopefully, once he gets the bugs ironed out, will continue to provide a great and welcomed service.

shipping can be a bitch, even if items leave in great shape by no means does that mean they will get to you in great shape. Thats why they have insurance (to CYA)
Tiz what happens when you get some 16yo shipping boy thowing your package in the shipping department for fun! :mad:
ALL "i dont care what you say" ALL shipping companys suck. Unless you want someone personaly delivering a item to you this will always happen.

As for the way off thinging:
Im sure nobody would ship something out knowing its broken. Thats just stupid. Time and money wasted knowing it will just come back at you.

It just seems that Brian is aware that there are issues with these parts because he is switching manufacturers. I have an item that is available to my customers that is known for breakage in shipping and I not only inspect this item before it leaves my hands, I inform the customer of the chance that they will come in damaged and I try to offer them another option.

Sure the shipping companies have "issues" too, but proper packaging and a little bubble wrap goes a long way. From the pics posted it seems that the fillers were not wrapped at all.

The main thing is that this issue is between G-body Parts and saleen90181 and should not be tried in this forum. I will say that I have learned a lot from this post.

The main thing is that this issue is between G-body Parts and saleen90181 and should not be tried in this forum. I will say that I have learned a lot from this post.

I really am not trying to air dirty laundry here

As you can see I have been more then understanding with Brian's situation

and I understand its crazy right now

Was I disapointed with the Fillers - yes
Was I disapointed with the packing - yes
Am I frustrated waiting for a responce - well honestly yes

The only reason I posted - was because Brian posted in this message 6/26/2007- but didnt respond to my email request about WHEN my other parts would be arriving from the email I sent him on 6/21/2007
AND if the crack is typical for these parts

If Brian posted here - well maybe he didnt get or missed my email

And since the last time I posted here - I got a responce immeditly - I figured it might work again

I respect Brian - and like I have said he has done right by me in the past

I JUST need an ETA on the arrival of the rest of my order and if the cracked fillers are typical?????

I have paint waiting on these parts - i just hope I dont look to pushy to the board - I am just looking for answers/responce

Again Brian - nothing personal or bashing you - I hope your Wife is feeling better
If you could just please post/send me and email - let me know

OK???

Mike

We get the fillers in pre packaged. If they were "repaired" I have no control over that.
I have been selling the same fillers for 7 years. The only reason I'm looking into getting these manufactured else where is because of laying out thousands of dollars & taking a month to get them in. The quality has gone down & I'm guessing the molds are getting worn out? Different manufacturer to the company supplying us? I don't really know.Some come in excellent others are like WTF happened to this 1.

The delay in shipment, once again I'm promised X amount of parts by a certain date. They do not arrive & I get calls e-mails etc "where are my parts"
Monday we (3 people) spent no less then 9 hours on the phone asking for tracking #'s that were e-mailed,tech questions, how much is this part when you are looking at our site etc... Kind of hard to ship when 3 people are answering phones all day on rediculous questions.
I pulled this 1 on a customer Monday added $20 to a part just to hear "well here on your site it states $119.95." My response was then why are you calling asking for a price if you can plainly see it? :rolleyes:
That isn't every customer but you get the idea.

I also love when we get a call or e-mail needing it next day like it is our emergency when you knew 2 weeks prior your car was in the shop getting painted.

Believe me guys I was on your side of the fence 7 years ago & never remember this attitude. The community has changed alot in the last 2 years.
I remember ordering parts & getting them in 2 weeks & was like wow that was fast.

This is the reality I want to sell you parts.
Manufacturers are trying to get us the parts to sell to us.
There are not many manufacturers building parts for these cars anymore.
We spend Thousands of $ a year coming up with new parts for 20 year old cars that were built in a limited quanity. No other vendors saying here Brian I'll kick in this much to develop this product. They are there when it's done asking for a discount to re-sell.

Guys we are not dealing with Mustangs or Camaro's here.
Done defending & bitching going home to my family.Just try to see the other side once. I'm here to make $ by not having the parts in stock I'm not doing that.I want them in stock so we can make a profit to develop new products for these cars. I love the cars as much as you do.