Gee, glad I don't have a new Toyota

yea yea i own a 95 isuzu truck as my DD, also a suzuki sport bike if that matters. my isuzu is a die hard, over 267K on it and runs like a champ. i don't care if it's import i bought it used for 900 bucks and it still runs fine. no payments and gets more then 30 mpg. I beat the hell outta that truck and it still runs. oh well i'd rather own it outright then worry about being laid off and losing my car or truck over late payments.

I thought they had a Chevy 4.3 in them?

All manufactures have recalls and TSBs but there's a big difference between a possible failure and one that's shown to happen and kill people. Toy-odor also knew about this a few years ago and kept back "pedaling" by blaming the mats.

...lets get real,GM sets and breaks the recall record year after year.And dont forget the loss of the largest class action lawsuit ever...6million truck Owners.

They also just announced a recall on the 05-07 vettes(22,000 Of them)...For a problem with the roofs,That they have known about for some time now.

Funny...No Mention of the fact That GM was to recall 1.5MILLION cars last year...Cars built between 1997-2003 for ENGINE FIRES...Just the tip of the iceburg for Gm..

Google Gm and Recall...You may not be aware of the amount of recalls they issue every year,And how they can make money recalling so many cars every year...

WTF?

You live in a cave, man? These are some ratty MFers we are dealing with here. Remember Pearl Harbor?

You really need to do some reading before posting this nonsense.:rolleyes:

Let me get you started.

Nine million recalls. Kinda makes 1.5M look like small potatoes, huh?

As Gas Pedal Recall Expands, Toyota Offers Apology - NYTimes.com

F*ck class action lawsuits, these dudes are looking at prison time.

"A former attorney for Toyota has accused the automaker of illegally withholding evidence in hundreds of rollover death and injury cases, in a "ruthless conspiracy" to keep evidence "of its vehicles' structural shortcomings from becoming known."

Toyota Accused of Hiding Evidence - CBS News

Law.com - Ex-Toyota Lawyer Sues Automaker

And more prison time when it comes out they have, once again, been trying to cover up the real problems with the vehicles they sell.

"The TREAD Act therefore contains provisions requiring vehicle and equipment manufacturers to report periodically to NHTSA on a wide variety of information that could indicate the existence of a potential safety defect and to advise NHTSA of foreign safety recalls and other safety campaigns. The Act increases civil penalties for violations of the vehicle safety law and provides criminal penalties for misleading the Secretary about safety defects that have caused death or injury..."

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/nhtsa/announce/testimony/tread.html

Oh, what a feeling.

500x_toyota_recall_updated.jpg

WTF?

You live in a cave, man? These are some ratty MFers we are dealing with here. Remember Pearl Harbor?

You really need to do some reading before posting this nonsense.:rolleyes:

Let me get you started.

Nine million recalls. Kinda makes 1.5M look like small potatoes, huh?

As Gas Pedal Recall Expands, Toyota Offers Apology - NYTimes.com

F*ck class action lawsuits, these dudes are looking at prison time.

"A former attorney for Toyota has accused the automaker of illegally withholding evidence in hundreds of rollover death and injury cases, in a "ruthless conspiracy" to keep evidence "of its vehicles' structural shortcomings from becoming known."

Toyota Accused of Hiding Evidence - CBS News

Law.com - Ex-Toyota Lawyer Sues Automaker

And more prison time when it comes out they have, once again, been trying to cover up the real problems with the vehicles they sell.

"The TREAD Act therefore contains provisions requiring vehicle and equipment manufacturers to report periodically to NHTSA on a wide variety of information that could indicate the existence of a potential safety defect and to advise NHTSA of foreign safety recalls and other safety campaigns. The Act increases civil penalties for violations of the vehicle safety law and provides criminal penalties for misleading the Secretary about safety defects that have caused death or injury..."

Implementation of the TREAD Act

Oh, what a feeling.

500x_toyota_recall_updated.jpg

Obviously it isnt me living in the cave,If you are not aware of the Number of cars Gm recalls every year...Even if the Toyota recall reached 9million(Which they say the number is closer to 3 Million)...It wouldnt be a drop in the bucket as to what Gm has recalled in the past few years.

So...Instead of getting me started with any of your crap that we already know about 1 recall...Why not take a few minutes and research Gm's recall record over the last decade.

Pearl harbor...a little before my time,But yes Im familiar with it...No go throw on your Foreign made clothes...And jump on the couch and watch your Foreign made TV..Or you could Dance around your yard listening to your foreign Radio...Waving your American Flag...That if you checked the tag was also made in China..:rolleyes:

There is no use in trying to list the Millions and millions of Gm recalls in the last decade...It covers so much it isnt even funny...

But check out this article, GM Fuel Tanks I posted in a thread earlier that Gm was hit with the Biggest Vehicle/Design flaw lawsuit in History...And lost of course.Read the Entire article...It also goes into how Gm Knew Damn well the Fuel tanks were too close to the rear of the car,But felt it would be cheaper to pay for the deaths than to actually fix the Tanks.

For a measly $6 dollars a car...The tanks could of been taken care of,Instead people had to die,And Gm Still holds the record for the Highest lawsuit paid by an automobile manufacturer.

I think I will start a new thread dedicated to Gm's Recalls...And also post up the link to the Fuel tank article...See how many people actually remember it on the news,Or know how the Car Manufacturers will completely and Knowingly Disregard your life in the sake of Profit.

If GM is so bad why do you own a couple,I don;t like japanese cars so I don;t own one .I think this is just a simple way of living.If I don;t like something for whatever reason I don't own one.

If GM is so bad why do you own a couple,I don;t like japanese cars so I don;t own one .I think this is just a simple way of living.If I don;t like something for whatever reason I don't own one.

I will assume you are directing that at me...I own a Gm because I can own whatever I want...Fortunately for me.

When I was looking for a New Truck,I liked the look of the Tahoe the best,I also liked the Interior and power..It was the 1st GM built vehicle i had been in that wasnt a Cheap piece of crap inside.I didnt think I would have it for 6 years,I usually trade them in well before that.It has been a good truck,Doesnt mean Gm is a good Company,Or I like most of there car lineup.

Will not make the same mistake though...Gm cars get hit so hard by depreciation,I will never own another new one...I will trade in the Tahoe when i get a good deal on a 09 CTS-v off lease...Or maybe the Acura..At least it will still be worth something next year.

I would carpool to work...Getting out of my 08 Acura Into the 2010 malibu LTZ or whatever..Was like getting into a big plastic piece of sh1t..car just felt cheap,And looked cheap as hell inside...Like most Gm products today...Minus the new buicks.

I will assume you are directing that at me...I own a Gm because I can own whatever I want...Fortunately for me.

When I was looking for a New Truck,I liked the look of the Tahoe the best,I also liked the Interior and power..It was the 1st GM built vehicle i had been in that wasnt a Cheap piece of crap inside.I didnt think I would have it for 6 years,I usually trade them in well before that.It has been a good truck,Doesnt mean Gm is a good Company,Or I like most of there car lineup.

Will not make the same mistake though...Gm cars get hit so hard by depreciation,I will never own another new one...I will trade in the Tahoe when i get a good deal on a 09 CTS-v off lease...Or maybe the Acura..At least it will still be worth something next year.

I would carpool to work...Getting out of my 08 Acura Into the 2010 malibu LTZ or whatever..Was like getting into a big plastic piece of sh1t..car just felt cheap,And looked cheap as hell inside...Like most Gm products today...Minus the new buicks.

Well sounds like you have made a decision and I respect that,good luck with your new choices.I like my 2002 chevy truck no problems,just sold the wifes 2000 Grand Prix and replaced it with a 2008 Grand prix and we like it.I will never say Toyota builds a junk car because that is not true however most Toyota owners say"my car never brakes down"and yet I see their mechanics are a busy as any other dealer :rolleyes:I try and buy as much made in NorthAmerica as I can.I have a choice and do my best to keep the work here.Just my way,no right or wrong just saying.

Kevin

Well sounds like you have made a decision and I respect that,good luck with your new choices.I like my 2002 chevy truck no problems,just sold the wifes 2000 Grand Prix and replaced it with a 2008 Grand prix and we like it.I will never say Toyota builds a junk car because that is not true however most Toyota owners say"my car never brakes down"and yet I see their mechanics are a busy as any other dealer :rolleyes:I try and buy as much made in NorthAmerica as I can.I have a choice and do my best to keep the work here.Just my way,no right or wrong just saying.

Kevin

Yeah..This subject gets some people crazy...I couldnt give a ratz azz what anyone buys..They should buy what they like..And what they are happy with.

I wont say Foreign cars dont break down..That is just stooopid..lol But they do have the Edge in reliability overall,And by a big margin in Depreciation.

I Traded in a Subaru Tribecca on the Acura...I didnt want to,But the dealer gave me a great number on it..While the Tahoe on the other hand,Nobody wants to give you crap for..A very expensive truck new,Now not worth crap a mere 6 years later...And the Truck is Mint and Loaded.Has me a little upset over the American car/Depreciation thing.

Lastly...My Acura was bought used,While at the dealership..I was taken very good care of by a nice American salesman,And Finance manager...Walked by service,And saw a bunch of American guys working on Foreign cars,Cute Little American Cashier,And was greeted by a nice American girl serving coffee and a paper while I waited for the car to be detailed by the American Kids working in the detail shop.

As a used car...Where exactly did my money go?And who benefited from it??

some people would like you to believe any money spent on a foreign car is a complete sin...But these same flag wavers will stock pile there houses full of Foreign everything else,(Clothes,Food,Electronics,and so on)Like that should be different for some reason...Complete and Utter Hypocrites.:wink:

Good luck with the new Grand Prix...Is it the v8?I think they put the 5.3 in some of them....That is a great motor.

Did you check out that link to the Gm Fuel Tank Article?Scary how these car manufacturers place a number on your life,And if that number falls lower than fixing a problem they are aware of,You become expendable...A guy in an earlier post said I must live in a cave...Toyota has a lawyer that is going to be sued for Hiding Info..blah...blah..blah....I guess he hasnt stuck his head far enough out of his cave to know Gm has been there and Done that Already,And paid the highest recorded lawsuit on record for a manufacturer because of it.

I would have argue the 80% are still on the road. How does T come up with that number? When was that poll taken...97 maybe? Do you see 80% of the toyota's ever made still running around? I seldom see anything older than '93.

Of course you will have to take into consideration the quantity sold by each manufaturer to give true fair appraisals of each of these stats, but theres the almost 80% for Toyota right there on the list. Lexus (fancy Toyota) over 80%
Now look at the GM brands. It is amazing how bad isn't it. Not looking to pick a side here I have owned plenty of GM's and only 2 Toyotas. One Toy I flipped and put on the roof. The other I still daily drive. (245k miles on original drivetrain). I can tell u that when judgement day comes I will probably have to side with the T-100's : )

List of vehicles going on 15 years on the road
The Windsor Star
Published: Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Percentage of passenger vehicles sold 11 to 15 years ago still on the road in 2006:

Porsche 98.7

Volvo 87.2

Email to a friend

Printer friendly
Font:****Lexus 83.8

BMW 83.6

Mercedes-Benz 82.6

Jaguar 81.4

Toyota 78.2

Audi 76.5

Honda 76.5

Acura 75.9

Cadillac 74.6

Lincoln 72.8

Saab 72.2

Saturn 69.2

Buick 68.8

Chrysler 68.8

Oldsmobile 67.2

Infiniti 65.8

Mazda 64.8

Volkswagen 63.1

Nissan 61.0

Subaru 59.1

Mercury 54.9

Dodge 54.6

Pontiac 53.6

Ford 53.6

Plymouth 52.5

Eagle 51.6

Chevrolet 48.6

Hyundai 32.8

Suzuki 30.8

Isuzu 19.8

Lada 5.1

Source: DesRosiers Automotive Consultants Inc. and registration data from R. L. Polk Canada Inc

theMonch said:
List of vehicles going on 15 years on the road
The Windsor Star
Published: Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Percentage of passenger vehicles sold 11 to 15 years ago still on the road in 2006:

Porsche 98.7
Volvo 87.2
Email to a friend

Printer friendly
Font:****Lexus 83.8
MW 83.6
Mercedes-Benz 82.6
Jaguar 81.4
Toyota 78.2
Audi 76.5
Honda 76.5
Acura 75.9
Cadillac 74.6
Lincoln 72.8
Saab 72.2
Saturn 69.2
Buick 68.8
Chrysler 68.8
Oldsmobile 67.2
Infiniti 65.8
Mazda 64.8
Volkswagen 63.1
Nissan 61.0
Subaru 59.1
Mercury 54.9
Dodge 54.6
Pontiac 53.6
Ford 53.6
Plymouth 52.5
Eagle 51.6
Chevrolet 48.6
Hyundai 32.8
Suzuki 30.8
Isuzu 19.8
Lada 5.1

Source: DesRosiers Automotive Consultants Inc. and registration data from R. L. Polk Canada Inc

You CAN NOT BELEIVE Dennis DesRosiers ! ! So all those numbers mean squat.

Later AJ

Has anybody heard of exactly what the problem is with the gas pedals??? Is it electronic or mechanical???

I'm pretty sure it is a ECU issue. The fact that it won't kill the throttle when the brakes are applied is a huge mistake. Every other drive-by-wire car has that feature.

Also, Honda is going to get a huge sales increase because of this IMO.

I don't believe that's true. The DBW cars I've driven did not have a throttle cut at braking feature. The could all be torque braked easilly, including my new Honda.
GM doesn't, nor Ford, nor Chrysler, nor Toyota, nor Honda, nor Mazda.

I'm staring at a recall for my 2000 Winstar right now. Cruise leaks brake fluid onto brakes & starts fires driving or parked. They all have issues.

Honda's recalling 646,000 Fits.:smile:

I can brake torque my Nissan and Subaru that are fly by wire throttles.

theMonch said:
What do you base that on? I couldn't find anything that sullies their reputation on the web.

Well if you were up here and heard him talking on the local media you would concerned.

I have not looked for any info on him on the web so I can not comment what is or is not out there on him or his corp. I do know he has a web presence.

I do not want to take this in a different tangent like it is going, as this is no longer about Toyoda.

Later AJ

When I worked at toyo we had a recall for the push in clips that hold the panel on near the drivers feet :rolleyes: and floor mats:rolleyes:. I've seen one SUV come in that had a mind of its own, steering wheel was twitching back and forth as well as other problems.

Oh and BTW I do Drive a IMPORT everyday to work, I hate the fact that I have a car that lasted 225K while I constantly beat the hell out of it, and with only simple maintance :rolleyes:........I tell you they are terrible :rolleyes:.

Oh and BTW I do Drive a IMPORT everyday to work, I hate the fact that I have a car that lasted 225K while I constantly beat the hell out of it, and with only simple maintance :rolleyes:........I tell you they are terrible :rolleyes:.

Oh, C'MON!!!!

You guys should really step outa the dark before posting. Every consumer rating agency has shown an ever equalizing quality of mfg among ALL the top of the list. You really can't argue for or against any of them anymore. they all last forever. I've non-stop beat the dogsnot out of a Focus SVT and at 150K now over the past 8-yrs. There's been hardly an issue. She's had a few hiccups in the past 5K or I'd be able to say none! I got twice that mileage out of a 94 Grand Prix, before selling it. I bet it's still on the road too!

What I find disturbing, is the trend Toyodor has shown over the past several years. That's what I watch as a true indication of a company, as mfg processes are in constant flux. The same model may become better or worse over a few months based on mfg practices or costcutting measures. Toyodor has shown a serious deficiency in dealing with an ever increasing number of defects and recalls in their bid to become number 1! That scares me. They seem to believe that their reputation will hold them forever, no matter what they throw out there. This sort of negative publicity should knock em back into line. I just hope everybody wakes up to their practices and it kills their reputation along the way. I don't despise any other automaker, just this one. Always have. Even as a kid i had no ill feelings toward Honda or Datsun. Just them. My instincts are usually right on, I'll stick with em...

I don't believe that's true. The DBW cars I've driven did not have a throttle cut at braking feature. The could all be torque braked easilly, including my new Honda.
GM doesn't, nor Ford, nor Chrysler, nor Toyota, nor Honda, nor Mazda.

Not true. Some are, some not.

Depends on the ABS.

Tom

Moderators? Everyone can have an opinion on domestic/import but we don't need this.