Gee, glad I don't have a new Toyota

cool! gives me a reason to bolt on some laundry on the back of my matrix, that'll give the rest of the tuners something to think about (is he fast or is it just to stop his toyota) :smile:

Yeah, pretty funny how some people bash GM for all they've ever done wrong, but are quick to defend Toyota when they make a mistake.
That's probably because over the last 20 years 80% of Toyota's are still on the road. What percentage of GM's are still on the road?

Yeah, pretty funny how some people bash GM for all they've ever done wrong, but are quick to defend Toyota when they make a mistake.

That's probably because over the last 20 years 80% of Toyota's are still on the road. What percentage of GM's are still on the road?

boom_headshot_postcard-p239289935153895380qibm_400.jpg

Don't think it's the parts supplier, Toy-odor is stopping sale in Europe as well. What if it's not the pedal and it's a computer glitch that opens the throttle? I'm kind of glad it's Toy-odor. Maybe people will start looking at GM and Ford. Personally I prefer Nissan products. I really wanted one of the new LaCrosses but they were out of my price range.

Gee Brett I don't know and don't care, because to me that's irrelevant. GM has made their batch of turds, and so has Toyota.

What if it's not the pedal and it's a computer glitch that opens the throttle? I'm kind of glad it's Toy-odor. Maybe people will start looking at GM and Ford.

I'm pretty sure it is a ECU issue. The fact that it won't kill the throttle when the brakes are applied is a huge mistake. Every other drive-by-wire car has that feature.

Also, Honda is going to get a huge sales increase because of this IMO.

I would have argue the 80% are still on the road. How does T come up with that number? When was that poll taken...97 maybe? Do you see 80% of the toyota's ever made still running around? I seldom see anything older than '93.

Deadly Accident Prompts Floor Mat Warning | NBC San Diego

This family got killed when their gas pedal stuck in their Lexus. They had enough time to call 911 and talk to the operator for a bit. They called when the car was over 100 mph. Why not just throw the thing in neutral and let her blow up??? What were they thinking? Pretty sad, driver was a cop too. Would think he would have had the sense to do that. The car was a loaner too so who cares if it blows up? Guess you have to be in that situation to see how you would react.

Remember being in a friend's 66 Chevelle back in the mid 70's. Flew around a corner and nailed it and broke a motor mount which then jammed the throttle wide open. He had both feet on the brake pedal and we were going up a hill with the back tires spinning and the fronts locked up. Someone in the back seat smartened up and yelled turn off the key and we came to a stop. Of course back then you could turn off the key without locking up the steering column.

I find it hard to believe the whole floor mat thing. On more than one occasion I've thrown the mats in the buick after a cleaning and gotten it over the gas pedal. And it wasn't uncontrollable. A simple foot on the brake was enough to slow and stop the car (even when I put my foot on the mat too)

Maybe the toyota has heaver mats maybe the DBW pedals have lighter spring, but I can't see it causing uncontrolled acceleration to over 100mph.

Also, Honda is going to get a huge sales increase because of this IMO.

I bet GM, Chrysler and Ford will see a big boost in sales too.

It's amazing such a small thing whether it's a component, ECU problem or whatever can just about ruin a company!!!!

I would have argue the 80% are still on the road. How does T come up with that number? When was that poll taken...97 maybe? Do you see 80% of the toyota's ever made still running around? I seldom see anything older than '93.

Don't the later trucks have a problem with the frame rusting away?
Turbobuick board members complain about the foreign China junk--lets see a show of hands as to how many own foreign cars--NOT I

Turbobuick board members complain about the foreign China junk--lets see a show of hands as to how many own foreign cars--NOT I

NOT I !!!!
Foreign cars are like tampons....every p*ssy has one!

I got 5 vehicles. 2 GMs, a Nissan, a Subaru and a Suzuki Bergman 650. The GMs are the T and a ful size Chevy PU. The Nissan is a new Altima made in the US. The Subaru Outback and Suzuki are made in Japan. I like them all and have had equal luck with service with all the brands. Each has it's pros and cons but they suit my needs.

I will take my Daily Driver Acura TL-S over any over hunk of Chit Gm has to offer in the same line of car.I also have a 04 z71 Tahoe...Been a great truck..But Depreciation will keep me away from Buying a new Gm ever again.

lets get real,GM sets and breaks the recall record year after year.And dont forget the loss of the largest class action lawsuit ever...6million truck Owners.

They also just announced a recall on the 05-07 vettes(22,000 Of them)...For a problem with the roofs,That they have known about for some time now.

Funny...No Mention of the fact That GM was to recall 1.5MILLION cars last year...Cars built between 1997-2003 for ENGINE FIRES...Just the tip of the iceburg for Gm..

Google Gm and Recall...You may not be aware of the amount of recalls they issue every year,And how they can make money recalling so many cars every year...Oh yeah..thats right,They dont make any money..:biggrin:
If a car co.is going to be condemned over recalls...Then I guess that should be the reason why GM needed a Bailout,And still lost some 9.6BILLION dollars in the 4th QTR of 09 alone.

GM recalls 1.5 million cars. Can it recall its image? - BusinessWeek

Yup...Toyota had a recall...everyone should be running to Gm now...lol

Signed...Not a Toyota owner.

hand in the air

yea yea i own a 95 isuzu truck as my DD, also a suzuki sport bike if that matters. my isuzu is a die hard, over 267K on it and runs like a champ. i don't care if it's import i bought it used for 900 bucks and it still runs fine. no payments and gets more then 30 mpg. I beat the hell outta that truck and it still runs. oh well i'd rather own it outright then worry about being laid off and losing my car or truck over late payments.

What a difference a week makes! Last Friday morn I was on here too many beers later with a heavy chip, bein a d!ck... My Apologies...

GOOD thing!!!! FORD gets the benefit PR of cautionary Manufacturer! And the bonus when they recommit to that company, cleared of any wrongdoing. In the process, they get to sidestep any waiting for court documentation to prove to the public it's a design defect!:D:D:D

Ford's riding a nice wave!!! Kowabunga MFers!!! Overtime schedules up for coming months, not weeks!!! Discussions of linespeed changes and hiring requirements! New product commitments in place at several US facilities! The ripple effect through supplier chains will be an economic boon! $2.9-Billion profit in fiscal '09, without any govt intervention too! And they KNOW how to deliver quality!!! Repeated best in class! Repeated best in sales! Repeated multiple models with top marks in owner loyalty! That one's where Toytrashy has suffered significantly over the past 5-yrs too! Fool me once...LOL! Even conservative radio host's are plugging FORD!!! Life is good right now. Just don't ask me a few months into OT as my weekday's consist of 10-hrs work and 2.5/3-hrs sleep...

Oh yeah,,,,
FUNK TOYOTA​