You can type here any text you want

Gen 6 Dfi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

the wrath

I Have A Chance To Buy A Gen 6 System Cheap How Much Better Is This Than A Stock Computer

Whats cheap??

It's not that it's better than a stock ECM, it's that you can make adjustments to tune your car.

For the street you will lose about 4mpg instantly. For the track if tuned corectly on a mid 12 sec car you will see .2-3 improvement usually. I have a few modified gen 6 units in stock if your interested.

norbs said:
For the street you will lose about 4mpg instantly. For the track if tuned corectly on a mid 12 sec car you will see .2-3 improvement usually. I have a few modified gen 6 units in stock if your interested.

I can see the loss in gas milage but the .2-.3 tenths would be from the MAF? no??

That is correct, and the abiliity to manipulate the timing and fuel where you want it,. The batch fire always is a bit more aggressive on the richness for throttle response i have found also, giving you that little bit of grunt on the bottom. :eek:

From what i see your 9.5 ms @ 5000 rpm is fine for a batch system. This would equate to 18.2 ms on a sefi system, or roughly 1.8 multiplier. When you go from batch to sefi. All your calculations looked like they are based on batch fueling. How did you come up with the numbers to make the spread sheet? :confused:

Also, if you don't have a stand alone wideband o2 to tune this thing, do not buy a gen 6 dfi. You will be running around in circles. You can tune using the millivolts thing if you like to live dangerously, it can be done, how accurate that is up to how much money you want to spend on the next rebuild :eek:

norbs said:
From what i see your 9.5 ms @ 5000 rpm is fine for a batch system. This would equate to 18.2 ms on a sefi system, or roughly 1.8 multiplier. When you go from batch to sefi. All your calculations looked like they are based on batch fueling. How did you come up with the numbers to make the spread sheet? :confused:
I think you just answered my ??

The pw for a SFI and Batch are not the same. (this is what I need explained to me) That is want I wanted to know. But, I got the #'s from caledit which is based on a batch system so my spread sheet should work. This is provided that an injector that is 500HP at static is 250HP @ 50% DC.

the wrath said:
I Have A Chance To Buy A Gen 6 System Cheap How Much Better Is This Than A Stock Computer
dont waste your $ get a trans plus with a ls1 maf 60lbs inj and a extreme chip ,also if you can swing it get a wideband so you can make your tuneablity so easy. im running 1030s on a trans plus and 57lbs inj...

Interesting post there slapnutz!!!

U know I was gonna let u use that unit foras long as u wanted, and the real and best reason to use it is so that later mods dont require another chip at a hundred bucks a piece. Just bring that slow ass GN over and well start bolting on parts till it gets out of the 16's and remember that car is not gonna detonate at 3500 RPMs! Unplug that knock sensor, take the skirt off and turn up the boost! ;)

Under Pressure said:
dont waste your $ get a trans plus with a ls1 maf 60lbs inj and a extreme chip.

What is the cost of all the items you mentioned. i would like to know?

Heres the pricing.

maf $80
translater pro $250
maf wiring adapter $15
extender extreme $119
ecm modification for low z injectors $149

Adds up to $613. To run low impedance injectors as the dfi is cabable of running. :eek:

Adds up quick doesn't it?

norbs said:
Heres the pricing.

maf $80
translater pro $250
maf wiring adapter $15
extender extreme $119
ecm modification for low z injectors $149

Adds up to $613. To run low impedance injectors as the dfi is cabable of running. :eek:

Adds up quick doesn't it?

I was just at the track last night and there were 2 fast turbo cars there with Fel Pros and neither one of those guys could read the software.

It was kinda funny cause they were having problems with one of the cars and didn't know how to turn the labtop on.

DFI's arn't for everyone. Some people are better off just plugging in chips till they find the right one.

:confused: Well you have a good point. You really need alot of patience and understand what changes your doing. Its not for everyone.

norbs said:
:confused: Well you have a good point. You really need alot of patience and understand what changes your doing. Its not for everyone.
Howeveri if you have a wideband it can be made to work easier

The point was, these people paid for it only to have someone else tune it. If your going to do that, just stick with the stock ECM and plug away.

If you like to tune your own stuff or think that is part of the fun of having a fast car, then get some kind of DFI.

Back