You can type here any text you want

gen 7 version 6 likes and dislikes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobuick

Staff member
The new high resolution ignition trim table in the NOS controls is nice especially if using as a timing retard and traction device.

I guess someone at DFI, read my post about not being able to log afterstart enrichment a long time ago. It seems software version 6.15 now lets you datalog afterstart enrichment, which helps you tune hot and cold startups easier.

However, they did something to the menu bar fonts. They are now tiny and can't be increased in size, by windows. This makes my touch screen now useless, using my fingers. So far not a big issue, but i have to go back to version 5 for now for my fat fingers....

The high resolution timing table is nice, but i need a high resolution fuel table too for enrichment when my cooling fans come on.

Ok Norbs you lost me on that one? Care to explain or were you making a joke, maybe it's that Canadian humor I'm not getting:biggrin:

If you are losing to much voltage when the fans are kicking on adn that is affect your VE table I would look at other ways to fix it other than an auxillary table. Which if you are creative enough you could actually do with the Gen 7.

Not joking,the fans take 50 amps and the extra load causes the map to go lean. I can increase the ve but then the car is rich when the fans go off. My motor does not like closed loop idle too much so i need something to compensate.

Something the designers did not think of, you can add IAC counts when fans come on but no adding of fuel... without messing up the map.

Norbs you live in Canada what could you possibly need a fan like that for:confused: What size alternator are you running? What about going to a 16 volt system? One of the best things I've ever done to my car, heck I would do it just for the way the pwr window motors worked:D

I could've sworn there was a voltage compensation table in there somewhere but I can't find it.

I've found the table, this is something that might help the problem, great idea. I need the fans for the dyno runs:smile: I am using a cs144 alternator rated at 240 amps, and i can barely maintain 13.5 volts at idle once the headlights and fans are on.

I've found the table, this is something that might help the problem, great idea. I need the fans for the dyno runs:smile: I am using a cs144 alternator rated at 240 amps, and i can barely maintain 13.5 volts at idle once the headlights and fans are on.

Did you say dyno?

Yes, dyno,one day i'll get there,just have to put on the 1.28 a/r and see if it spools.

Back