Gen VII no spark help

meach13

Narrow A$$ Racing
gen vii with 2002 software......this system use to be on a mod motor....now it is on a 351 ford with 72lb inj i have no spark at all i have replaced the coil, and module...i have 12v while cranking at the coil and computer....the dashboard on the dfi shows over 100rpm while trying to crank. the config is crank signal 5v and output is unipolar

i have taken the coil wire and tested it to a ground and the coil fires. Is there something that i have missed? why is the signal not coming out of the accel?

I don't know much about the set up, but try downloading the new software, there is a diagnostic screen that shows you the cam/crank signals working or not. Whats the ecm firmware revision? This is from the manual

Set the ignition timing at the engine harmonic balancer timing mark to approximately 0*
BTDC on #1 cylinder. Consult your shop manual for more information on this procedure.
Align the falling edge of the reluctor wheel to the pickup. Next, set the ignition timing at the
engine harmonic balancer timing mark to approximately 25*-30* BTDC on #1 cylinder.
The distributor rotor is pointing at the #1 cylinder terminal tower. Install the spark plug
wires on the distributor starting with #1 wire in this location. Snug down the distributor
lockdown bolt. This is your macro adjustment. The micro or fine adjustment occurs upon
engine startup.
Next, connect the distributor to the 8-pin ignition connector on the main wiring harness
using the Ford adapter supplied with your kit. Connect the single pin connector to the coil
negative terminal or to the Points trigger lead of an enhancer box. See the Online
Drawings and Schematics provided within the CalMap Software Environment (CTRL-F1)
for details.

What do you have the spark output wire (EST) on the DFI connected to? It CAN'T EVER be connected to the coil (-) terminal. If this was done, then chances are that your EST output is damaged and will need to be repaired.

Since you are seeing RPM on the computer screen when cranking, it's probably either your output level setting or a damaged EST driver. Also check your firing order on the system configuration screen, as the box won't do much if that is set incorrectly.

Thanks for the response we are sending the box back to get all updates and check that driver. We have the harness from accel that goes from the dist to the harness there are two wires that come out of it one is hooked to a ground the other goes to the neg side of the coil.