Getting appraised?????????

87we410877

I would like to get my car appraised. Blue book says something like 4 grand and everyone on here knows thats not true. I would like to get it appraised for its actual value. I have about 13 grand in recipts from the motor build on top of the original document that says i paid 11 grand for the car. Is there anyone i could have come to the house and appraise the car and give me some kind of letter or document that says the new value of the car? Insurance company said they will not insure it because it is not in a locked garage and i dont have 10 years of driving experiance. There has got to be a way around this. Ide hate to have some assh**e steel my car and i get 4 grand which would get me a used saturn. Thanks alot.

I checked with my Allstate guy a while back and he said they need an appraisal from a pro appraiser (about $100 here) and they will insure it for that value.

I checked with my Allstate guy a while back and he said they need an appraisal from a pro appraiser (about $100 here) and they will insure it for that value.
You can easily insure for a high stated value but you will get a higher premium if you do. Collision insurance will also increase if you have it.

Check with Lassiter at GSX-TRA. He does appraisals.
Conrad

I had my car appraised last month by a guy named Terry Shaw in Dresher, PA. He appraised it at $33,000. His number is 1-800-487-4947. Appraisal was $250!

What are his credentials for doing the appraisals? Which insurance companies accept his work? Has his appraisals ever been challenged by insurance companies? Outcome?
Conrad

ps...perhaps we need to start a list of appraisers.

I just got my 87 GN with 40,000 miles appraised for $ 26,000 it is insured for $30,000 , classic car insurance .I can only rack up 2500 miles a year on it but $120 every 6 months is cheap from :cool: State farm.

What limitations are included with the insurance...drive only to shows, stored in garage at all times, mods allowed, etc.???? How about liability coverage and deductibles?
Conrad

I just got my 87 GN with 40,000 miles appraised for $ 26,000 it is insured for $30,000 , classic car insurance .I can only rack up 2500 miles a year on it but $120 every 6 months is cheap from :cool: State farm.

Black Monte... I live in the area and need to get my Monte Carlo appraised... where did you get it done at and what did it cost?

Thanks!

$500 deductable, $100,000 liability, 2500 miles are unlimited car shows ,work, go for ice cream, they didn't ask about garage ? But yes it's in my temperature controlled garage. My agent said classic car insurance is alot cheaper .

What are his credentials for doing the appraisals? Which insurance companies accept his work? Has his appraisals ever been challenged by insurance companies? Outcome?
Conrad

ps...perhaps we need to start a list of appraisers.

A while back, Kirban was trying to gather a list of appraisers via his newsletter. I never did see the end listing of whatever surfaced. This would be a good idea to have...perhaps grouped by region (NE, SE, midAtl, etc.)

Hi,
Check Hagerty;they are very agreeable regarding STATED values,and it's a replacement value policy. I have my TTA and TType insured under their policies.The only issue is, you will have to maintain a daily driver with a cover policy. They may have a way around that. Call them, they are very much into special cars, and are willing to help.Nice folks. Good luck!

Appraiser

I used Mike Grippo of M&M Automobile Appraisers, Henderson, Nv, 702.568.5120. Mike used to be from the Chicago area but lives in Nevada now. He travels around the country to the big auctions, Barrett-Jackson, Kruse, etc. and has testified in court around the country regarding the value of Buicks and muscle cars. The appraisal he did on by car was quite extensive with a market analysis at the time, three pages long.

For insurance - Midwest Classic Insurance, Auburn, Il. 888.271.4000. Robbin Terry. It is worth the call to check him out. The annual premium on my Buick, 86' GNX conversion w/stage 1 Duetweiller built, PT72, etc., and 57 Chevy w/LS1 and T56 6-speed, tubular upper and lower control arms, narrowed 9" ford, 4 wheel disk brakes, etc., and 85 Ferrari Testarossa is only $1530.00. Sorry to run on so. I try to keep these short and simple.