You can type here any text you want

Getting Knock Cruising Down Road...Not Under Boost!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Had problem with E85 eating Aeroquip rubber hose which plugger pre-filter, post filter, and injector basket screen. Several injectors weren't working at all. So, got rid of E85, dropped tank and cleaned everything out. Injectors to Leeper and are fine now. Changed 10 micron out twice more. Injector baskets clean. Now I'm getting varying amounts of intermittent knock (gauge & audible alarm) on the road under cruising conditions. First time happened at end go a 45 minute drive on open road. Later that day, happened pretty much entire way home. Not all the time but 10 times in 45 minute drive and I was driving very gingerly because didn't want to hurt engine. I have the FSAT Touchscreen and lots of gauges and can report A/F ratio,
, fuel pressure, and EGT were spot on. Car set for 2weeks then I hooked up my XFI 2.0 and drove 10 minute and no knock. Any ideas?
Conrad

Have you been running E85 long? Any chance it's a recent swap and the alky was cleaning the hell out of your tank and clogging filters?

Yes, that is exactly what happened but I don't think that has anything to do with current problem.

As a follow-up, checked to be sure the flex fuel sensor was disabled and fuel constant was set at 1.000 in my FAST XFI file....both were. I mentioned the E85 event because it happened recently. Did not, and continue to believe, that the two are not related. Ideas?
Conrad

Back