Getting ready for the V8 swap

I was looking at the All-pro RR245-SP heads you suggested.
What are the down nozzles?
Do you think I really need upgraded exhaust valves. Iconel.

http://www.allproheads.com/images 08/Web 2008 Cat2-08.pdf

I just want to get some cylinder heads I can grow into. I know their more than I need for the 76mm turbo, but I might move up to the next class in a year ot two and I don't see a restriction on the turbo size.:biggrin:

Block

Well my 010 casting was bad, so I'm going to go ahead and build the Dart block.
Guess I will just have to bite the bullet and shell out the extra money for the good stuff.:D
Dart Little M
Oliver rods
Callies crank
All the expenisive stuff.

You are going about it the right way. Build it right the 1st time. Also if you werent aware, Dart is coming out with a new midline block,between stock and little m.

LL,

I have read 900-1000HP rating on the new block.
If that is true for most turbo race type applications I would probably still go
with the better block.

LL,

I have read 900-1000HP rating on the new block.
If that is true for most turbo race type applications I would probably still go
with the better block.

John,
I wasnt aware of that rating:confused: . But a prepped 010 SBC with 4 bolt main caps and half fill can do 900hp.:cool:

Back on task

Well I stopped working on the buick over the summer to spend time with the kids.
I have the main hoop and dash bar bent and set in place and hopefully I will have the inside part of the roll cage completed over the next 11 days as i'm on vacation.

The plans for the motor have changed. I have decided not to run in the True street class and but to make it a mean street car I can still enjoy on any sunny day.

Dart little m 4.125 bore
callies 3.625" stroke
388 cu/in motor 8.5 - 9 compression.
oliver rods
All pro heads
roller cam
Single forced inductions FI88 mm turbo.

I think this will give me the best of both worlds a smaller motor I can drive on 93 octance to cruise with and something I can spin the hell out of when I'm at the track so i can push that turbo.

Well I stopped working on the buick over the summer to spend time with the kids.
I have the main hoop and dash bar bent and set in place and hopefully I will have the inside part of the roll cage completed over the next 11 days as i'm on vacation.

The plans for the motor have changed. I have decided not to run in the True street class and but to make it a mean street car I can still enjoy on any sunny day.

Dart little m 4.125 bore
callies 3.625" stroke
388 cu/in motor 8.5 - 9 compression.
oliver rods
All pro heads
roller cam
Single forced inductions FI88 mm turbo.

I think this will give me the best of both worlds a smaller motor I can drive on 93 octance to cruise with and something I can spin the hell out of when I'm at the track so i can push that turbo.

Thanks for the update, that sounds like a really fun project.

Working on the roll cage.

Here is some pics pn the progress.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 435
Got some parts in today.

IMG_0001.jpg

Tial wastegates should be in next week, Plan is to run twin 75mm turbos just waiting on some info abot the exhaust housing. Don't know if I can spool these things.

372" SBC with 23 degree heads that flow 300+ cfm and I plan on spinning it upto 8k rpm. I'm running a th400 with standard gears, brake, PTC converter, in a 3400 lb car I want to be able to run high 7's and was looking at the s400-75 turbos for a twin turbo setup, but was wondering about the exhaust housing A/R ratio.
I tried to get ahold of Jose at Forced Inductions but haven't had success. They offer a 1.10 housing witch is the better of the 2 options, they also offer the 1.32 housing which is too big i think.
Borg Warner & TurboDriven

Remember you are only feeding each turbo with 1/2 of the motor. Housing choice will be critical to get the car to spool.

Yeah I know, I'm not sure about these turbos but the price is good. I just need somebody whos tried it to say NO way to change my mind about these turbos. I will be using the xfi transbrake feature to spool before completly staged and a small shot of nitrous isn't out fo the question either.

Also I haven't made up my mind about the engine size either. I'll be using the dart little-m 4.125 bore but I don't have the crank or rods or pistons yet. I just wanted to leave enough piston compression height so the pin wasn't to high in the pistion.
My plan changed to a 3.48 stroke 4.125 bore 5.85 long rods. for a good rod ratio but thats not in stone.

5.7 Rod length, Cometic head gaskets. Just have to make sure that your crank will work with the rod length.

just a warning. Callies does not do any induction hardnening any more all cranks are nitride coated.

Got my turbo's in. Two 75 mm borg warner.
I took a break on the car , but I got the top of the rollcage finally painted and the headliner will be in soon.
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003-4.jpg

IMG_0011-2.jpg

IMG_0010-4.jpg