Glock shooters, question for you.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Hey guys, last week I purchased my first auto pistol a used 2nd generation Glock 19 9mm. Yesterday I went to the range and between me and my dad we put about 300 rounds through the gun. First let me say, I was very impressed at how reliable it was because even though we rapid fired it several times and shot it continuously it never jammed once, had any FTFs, or stove pipes I mean worked like a champ! The one thing that we did notice though was that some of our shots and groups seemed to be shooting to the left even though we were sighting the gun for center mass. Now I will admit I am fairly new to shooting and this was his first time shooting a Glock (he normally shoots his Sig P220), but it seemed like this gun had a tendancy to shoot to the left and as far as we could tell and a few of the guys at the gun store/range it looks to be sighted in right. I am just wondering could this be the barrel causing this or is it just that we need more practice with this trigger pull considering it is DAO.

Thanks for any help.

Its your pull on the trigger remember SMOOTH AND STRAIGHT BACK Dont bat at the trigger. I have a Glock 19 for my service weapon and ive seen many people do the sme thing. also another COOl feature of the glock. after u squeeze keep the trigger to the rear, then release is VERY VERY slowly it will move a hair and you will hear the trigger reset, you dont need a full stroke to fire again. you can shoot this gun almost as fast as an auto, once you get the hang.

Another thing ive learned is finger to far in the trigger guard the gun fires to the right not far enough in to the left. you actually push the gun to the side by the trigger. Of course we're talking mm's here.

Yeah it is the tendency of the shooter as a result of the trigger squeeze... You will overcome that with more trigger control and shots fired...

NICE GUN HUH:biggrin:

If it shoots slightly to the left then go move your target slightly to the left.:biggrin:

Great purchase. It took me a bit to get used to the glock trigger and the grip angle, but it always comes back to the fundamentals. Trigger squeeze. Yeah, if you're not used to a DAO it will seem like an eternity at first , but you'll get use to it.

Thanks for the response guys and thanks for the link Guess. Yeah I kinda figured it was in the trigger pull from what I have read. I pretty much bought this G19 as a range gun to have some fun with especially considering 9mm ammo is easy to find here and fairly cheap compared to some of the others. Guess it will just be a matter of getting used to it. One thing I like is the Glock is a very popular gun and it has a very larger aftermarket following. I've already looked into some of the stuff like the match grade barrels and different sights. Mine came with some night sights already on it.

No problem. Note what gs462 said about the reset. You can feel the click, that's where you stop letting out on the trigger for follow ups. If you practice regularly, there won't be anything you can't hit. Most take a dump on the Glock trigger, but if you follow the Trigger 101 tips, you'll love it.

I would worry about upgrading the stock sights for now. I shot my stock G22 in an IDPA match for my first time with a bunch of IDPA vetrans and managed to finish in the middle of the pack. Talk about people that can shoot. It was fun to watch.

its all in the grip. most of the time you get a double feed or stovepipe is due to not gripping the gun right. yes your finger could be too far over the trigger. breathing, trigger control and sight alignment they teach us.. the glock is awsome, i just upgraded to the glock 21, .45 cal. I love it.

I bought the same gun in 1995.....have yet to fire it. I really should go to a range and fire it:biggrin:

Yeah I've heard of some crazy tests that have been done with the glocks like Chuck Taylor's famous 100,000 round G17 9mm torture test~ Unofficial Glock Page

I bought the same gun in 1995.....have yet to fire it. I really should go to a range and fire it:biggrin:

Yeah the original sale sticker on the glock case that I have (which was peeling off practically) said 10/28/1993 so the guy said it's possible but probably unlikely that mine could be a 1st gen G19 but more likely the 2nd gen.