You can type here any text you want

GM Oil pickup tube

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Is there anywhere I can purchase a original GM oil pickup tube from ? If not what’s my next best option ? When I search the internet I come up with a Melling 20-IS2

Any figment or other issues ? I haven’t read a lot of post on this but one of the ones I did a person said to stay away from the Melling. I don’t know how reputable he is but no one chimed in and argued otherwise and if you have been around here longer than a couple hours you’d know most won’t pass up on that opportunity lol.

I have not posted about oil pick ups as I’m still studying what’s available. The Mellings 20is, and sealed power that I can’t remember exact part number right now ( 224-128 maybe).

Anyhow I have found some with the fine screen, but under the support bar some have an open hole as a bypass for a plugged screen, I’m sure oil will take the path of least resistance. I lost a motor due to this in 2014.

I have found some fine screen pick ups that have a solid screen with no bypass hole.

Others have a coarse screen that is solid, no trap door or open holes hidden under a bar.

So I’m curious if anybody actually looked/looks under that wide support bar and sees a open hole in the center, or if it’s solid like some I have seen. Please provide your findings and what part number you have.

Wow.

Of all the years I've been handing out free tech advice, I've never considered how to find a more expensive, hard to find, substandard part on purpose. :)

Back