GMTURBO6 January Meeting

hey guys and gals

Those of you that may attend the jan 26 meet @ Mr clark's place. If there is any injectors you want flowed, heads flowed on a flow bench or have a stock MAF or powermaster tested. Richard has the ability to test these items to see if they are up to par. Might give some of the guys something else to do while some of the others are playing on the dyno.

Thanks
Pat Broughton

Sounds cool, waht about coils pks & modules?

It appears that there will be a lot of cars at Richard's and that people will want to use the dyno. I would like to point out that it will probably take around 45-60 minutes per car on the dyno so that will limit the number of cars on the dyno. If those who do not get onto the dyno still want to dyno their car, Richard said you can gladly come back at a later date to use the dyno. :smile: Just coordinate with Richard on an alternate dyno day.

It appears that there will be a lot of cars at Richard's and that people will want to use the dyno. I would like to point out that it will probably take around 45-60 minutes per car on the dyno so that will limit the number of cars on the dyno. If those who do not get onto the dyno still want to dyno their car, Richard said you can gladly come back at a later date to use the dyno. :smile: Just coordinate with Richard on an alternate dyno day.

Is there any list being made up for cars that are wanting to dyno? Or will the list be made up on arrival, first to show up = first in line to dyno?

I'm bringing (2) cars to dyno.

K.

I don't know of any list but I'm not involved in setting up this get-together.

My $.02 is that each person should be limited to only one car on the dyno, unless no one else wants to use the dyno. Those who don't get on the dyno this time can always come back at a later date. Richard does not mind people coming back.

Sounds cool, waht about coils pks & modules?

bring em on-------i don't think there is much for a TR that i don't have something to check it with-----spring testers of every size for every spring in the car from the valve body to the chassis-------2 air flow benches-----two injector flow benches------engine balancer------tire changer and balancer--------on car AND bench powermaster tester-------precision measurement for blocks, heads, cranks, rods, pistons, cams etc------electrical breakout box for wiring harness--------on car AND bench alternator tester--------AC tester and charger (R-12 and R-134)-----i have several lifts and we can arrange time if anyone wants to do a little under car work the easy way-------and my shop is even a licensed NC state inspection station and I offer discount rates for friends with TR's needing special attention--------really too much to list................RC

bring em on-------i don't think there is much for a TR that i don't have something to check it with-----spring testers of every size for every spring in the car from the valve body to the chassis-------2 air flow benches-----two injector flow benches------engine balancer------tire changer and balancer--------on car AND bench powermaster tester-------precision measurement for blocks, heads, cranks, rods, pistons, cams etc------electrical breakout box for wiring harness--------on car AND bench alternator tester--------AC tester and charger (R-12 and R-134)-----i have several lifts and we can arrange time if anyone wants to do a little under car work the easy way-------and my shop is even a licensed NC state inspection station and I offer discount rates for friends with TR's needing special attention--------really too much to list................RC

Richard you are the man!! maybe we can turn this in to an annual or Bi-Annual event. That would be cool. Kinda like a Kirbans South or something...

Anybody going from the Asheville area? If so, it would be cool to get a couple of cars to carpool together(not to mention showing me how to get there).

Anybody going from the Asheville area? If so, it would be cool to get a couple of cars to carpool together(not to mention showing me how to get there).

It is at least 4 hours away from Asheville. Straight down I-40 to Burlington. I will post a seperate thread with headcount and directions on Sunday.

If Cheryl runs her car on the dyno I'll be bringing my old gas mask. Cough cough..

Lol! I think the last time it got the carbon blew out was when several of us went to the show at Farmington back in the summer(sorry Eric, you were behind me:biggrin: ) So it's time to clean it out again. Pat said there was so much carbon buildup on my Typhoon heads that we were almost on the brink of being able to harvest diamonds:eek:

How come you're pulling the Typhoon apart?

K.
The oil filter adapter o-rings went kaput all at once and dumped the majority of my oil out. Thought we caught it in time, but within a month of replacing them, I noticed slightly lower oil pressure and a nice helicopter"hovering" sound which turned into more of a clang when engine was on load. Pat found glitter into my oil filter, so dropped the pan and found the crank chewed, pulled motor out over Christmas, damage not too bad, crank and cam bearings need replacing, so he's going to tackle rebuilding(it has 160,000+ on it, and has never had really anything done to it) The real fun will be trying to stuff it back in the engine bay:eek:

If anyone has a torque converter that they want to flush out, Richard has a machine to do that, also.

The address of Richard's shop is 2557 Faucette Lane, Burlington, NC if anyone wants to do a Mapquest.

Not to jump the gun on directions, but here's what mapquest recommends (in my own words...) Is this correct? It looks like I will be free that day, so I am hoping to make an appearance!!! Due to limited finances, I will be coming from Virginia Beach (unfortunately) in one of my cars that get's better fuel economy...

Off of I40/I85 take exit #150 and go north on Jimmie Kerr Rd. At the intersection with Trollingwood Rd, turn left (go North) onto Trollingwood Rd.

Mapquest doesn't have enough detail but you will cross some train tracks (most likely over a bridge) and then cross Hwy 70.

Continue going straight. The name of the road will change to N WIlkins Rd.

N Wilkins Rd will dead end into Hwy 49/Roxboro St. Turn right.

Go 1.9 miles and then turn left onto Luck Stone Rd.

Go 1.3 miles and turn left onto Sandy Cross Rd.

Go .4 miles and turn right onto N. Fonville Rd.

Go .7 miles and turn left onto Deep Creek Church Rd.

Go. 1 mile and turn right onto Faucette Ln.

The shop should be .4 miles further down Faucette Ln!

When Bruce was down last time I went up I followed the black marks:biggrin:

ncgreg231---Use exit 150 and turn right (head north) at the top of the exit ramp if coming from east of Burlington. (These gas stations have the cheapest gas in the area.)

Go 1.7 miles to Rt. 70 and cross over Rt. 70 onto N. Wilkins St. Go 0.6 miles, go through the traffic light, and turn right onto Rt. 49 headed towards Roxboro/Green Level.

Once on Rt. 49 go 2.8 miles and turn left onto Sandy Cross Rd. (There is a gas station on the corner called Sandy Cross Mart.)

Continue on Sandy Cross Rd. until it dead ends (4 miles).

Turn right onto Deep Creek Church Rd. and go approx. 1.7 miles.

Turn left onto Faucette Lane and go 0.6 miles to 2557 Faucette Lane. The house number you will see by the street is 2575, which is the neighbors house number. Richard's shops are behind the house.

These directions are meant for those coming from east of Burlington. Those coming from west of Burlington should use exit 143 and I believe someone will provide directions for that exit.