GN car shows

Now where are we going to meet? I think when a place is settled on we should start a new thread here in the Carolinas section...?

I called Richard on Tuesday and posted he said he was okay with it. I don't think he wants anything big. I told him it would be a small meet and greet. As soon as we confirm a date, which I think we have, we can post a new thread like it was suggested. I was just giving a little more time for people to chime in.

OK guys I hate it, but I will have to change the date...or I will not be able to make it unless it is afternoon/evening...sorry.
We are having a breakfast at church and I need/want to be there.... Let me know what the plans are if they change..thanks.
John

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

John and I are the newbies that have shown interest in the meet and greet. I say we do it our rain date on 9/27. After my weekend, I don't think an afternoon is enough time. Thoughts?

13th or the 27th but we need to make it solid as I need to make arrangements for my work schedule.

OK guys I hate it, but I will have to change the date...or I will not be able to make it unless it is afternoon/evening...sorry.
We are having a breakfast at church and I need/want to be there.... Let me know what the plans are if they change..thanks.
John

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Richard is at the garage until at least 10:00 pm on the weekends. He does take some time to go eat dinner though. If you could not make it in the morning, you would still have all afternoon and evening at Richard's.

Other option mentioned is the 27th. There is also a monthly cruise-in locally that day starting at 4:00 pm that draws around 100 cars and is real nice. We could go to Richard's and then the cruise-in if anyone would be interested. I can attend o either date.

Richard is at the garage until at least 10:00 pm on the weekends. He does take some time to go eat dinner though. If you could not make it in the morning, you would still have all afternoon and evening at Richard's.

Other option mentioned is the 27th. There is also a monthly cruise-in locally that day starting at 4:00 pm that draws around 100 cars and is real nice. We could go to Richard's and then the cruise-in if anyone would be interested. I can attend o either date.
That sounds good as far as later in the afternoon. Maybe 1pm or 2-ish at Richards and see what happens there, then to the cruise in. Any later in the month and it is getting into hunting season..lol...

I can do the 27th no problem....

Thanks again guys...

John, I would say we would need to meet up earlier than 1pm. Lots to see at Richard's shop. Now only that, gives us extra time to talk. Also, Richard takes his lunch break around 1pm. I say we all meet at 11am at Richard's. I really like Jim's idea. TURBO BUICK INVASION @ the cruise in. Jim - What time do we need to get there? The one here in Kannapolis starts @ 3:30 but in order to get a spot, you need to arrive before 2pm. Anyone else have any thoughts? Proposed schedule:

11am @ Richard's
2pm - Lunch
3pm - Head to Cruise in

If it rains, we screwed. Plan another time.

John, I would say we would need to meet up earlier than 1pm. Lots to see at Richard's shop. Now only that, gives us extra time to talk. Also, Richard takes his lunch break around 1pm. I say we all meet at 11am at Richard's. I really like Jim's idea. TURBO BUICK INVASION @ the cruise in. Jim - What time do we need to get there? The one here in Kannapolis starts @ 3:30 but in order to get a spot, you need to arrive before 2pm. Anyone else have any thoughts? Proposed schedule:

11am @ Richard's
2pm - Lunch
3pm - Head to Cruise in

If it rains, we screwed. Plan another time.
OK...sounds good. Where is the cruise in? I should be done at my breakfast around 10... Could be at Richards around 11..

The cruise-in is only on the 27th, not the 13th. It starts at 4:00 pm but I like to get there around 3:30 if the weather is hot so I can park along the tree row and have some shade. There is plenty of parking, no worries there.

If you go to the cruise-in you won't have much time at Richard's and I thought seeing Richard and his shop was the primary reason for coming here. It's your call. I only live twelve miles from the shop, so I can be there anytime.

The cruise-in is located at JR Discount Outlet, 2589 Eric Lane, Burlington, NC (exit 143 off I-85/40). The cruise-in occurs at the Northern Tool part of the parking lot (west end).

I saw that it was on the 27th Jim. Should have mentioned that. Good catch Jim.

I think the whole point of the meet and greet was exactly that... a meet and greet. I suggested we do it at Richard's. Couple of reasons. Absolutely #1 is that he is just a great man. No need to get into details. Some people have not had the pleasure to meet him and I wanted to include the opportunity to do so. That was including myself but I was able to visit his shop this past weekend. #2 is that there are people there every weekend so that is one way to have a decent turnout.

Let's use the cruise in as more of the meet and greet for anyone that wants to participate and this will also allow Richard and anyone else to get back to work at his shop. I have read where the Carolina's used to have a club and perhaps with new people, something like that could be started back up. It would be cool to see a bunch of TB's at representing at a local event. However, everyone has their priorities and preferences. This way might allow for both.

Also, it would be late September so the weather should be perfect.

There is my two cents. Let's get some more ideas and opinions and settle on something soon.

I'm open to whatever everyone wants to do. :) I don't want to express an opinion on a date or what to do because my health may not allow me to attend anyway. It would just be nice to meet more TR owners and maybe get another scheduled get-together later in the year, possibly at a drag strip. As I stated above, I live real close to the shop and can go there any evening or weekend.

Steve, John and Mike,

Pick a date. :) Right now the weather forecast shows 80% chance of rain on the 13th but as we know, that will change several times before then.

I can't do the 27th...at least I don't think I can. We have a couples retreat I might be going to with my wife.
But that is still a maybe. At this point, I would say you guys pick the date and I will do my utmost best to be there.
There is also a Cars and Coffee thing in Greensboro on the 20th...thats always an option.

Again, I am stressing to Steve and Mike and who ever else, go ahead and pick the date ;) . This time of year is always crazy and it gets even busier the closer we get to Thanksgiving!