GN complete powertrain in 4th gen camaro

Jdubb

Can complete drivetrain from 87 T-type be swapped into 95 camaro & what major issues/obstacles need to be addressed. Camaro is V-6 & would like to upgrade suspension & brakes for real sleeper. Any input would be appreciated.

Soubds like a dumb idea, the v6 camaro comes with a 3.8l series II engine which has improvements over the old GN LC2.

Youre better off buying a turbo kit for the camaro for the stock v6.

There was one done here a while ago. I remember he was running in the 10s. Think he ended up selling everything go LS. Do a search.

Actually better off buying a smashed LS1 fbody and swapping everything over.

I've started the same idea w/my 2k Camaro. Kept in contact w/Brian(turbo6camaro) about his mod's. He ran a best of 10.22@138, before deciding to go w/the ls-x motor. It would require a lot of fab work to stuff the TR drive train under the f-body and it is expensive. The ls Camaro's have the same problem w/the trans and rear ends as does the 3800 model. They won't hold up.
If you decide to go w/the 3800 turbo kit, it will run $5500.00 + shp'g from Canada. You will have to upgrade the trans and rear-end to take the power.
Most of the Camaro guys go w/the 8.8 ford from an explorer to save money. however you will have to have the spring perches and c/arms relocated.
I can tell you more if you are interested, but I have to go to work now.
Tom

Last edited: