GN drivers worst nightmare

Thats good news whats the going rate for payouts on these gns? 25k is nice but labor on frame repair and paint will eat alot of that

Well its not my insurance that im claiming... its her fault so im going after her insurance... that's gonna be fun

Be aware that it is her insurance company's responsibility to make you whole on this deal again.

Since it's not your fault, don't let them total it, make them fix it and make them fix it right. Insist that you pick the shop and then use one you trust, let the shop fight with the insuarnce company about costs. Stay involved, but a good shop will know how to deal with an insurance company on a "collector car". If you have collector car insurance on it you're in even better shape to use that status as leverage to get the car repaired properly.

Don't let them push you into a bad decision that isn't right for you. Just remember, this wasn't your fault, it was THEIR insured's fault and they need to make it right.

Q.
"And why were you driving the car on a Monday if it's a collector car, sir?"

A.
"Well, there was a car show-n-shine that myself and some other guys and cars from work had planned on attending, but your insured ruined that too, Mr. insurance company person."

SMV6LOL said:
^^^ so they were willing to pay more to fix it then total it? My concern is not being able to find parts? And how much a paint job would cost. Chuck ill be in contact with you for some insight

They valued my car at 32-35k I've got all receipts for work done, and, the 4 page article in GM High Tech helped as well. At the beginning I told them if they were totaling the car all I would accept is 28k and I'd keep the car. Their response was "Way too nice of a car to total, we are going to fix it."

L8TRH8R said:
They valued my car at 32-35k I've got all receipts for work done, and, the 4 page article in GM High Tech helped as well. At the beginning I told them if they were totaling the car all I would accept is 28k and I'd keep the car. Their response was "Way too nice of a car to total, we are going to fix it."

Did you have collector insurance or regular?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Stated value doesn't mean dick anyway, you want AGREED value.

Insurance companies will depreciate stated value policies just like they do standard policies. Stated value may have been 20K but you could very well end up with MUCH less if the car is a total.

As long as you pay your premium, Agreed value gets you paid what you agreed to when the policy was purchased in the event of a total loss.

Great info guys I appreciate all the help. I think it will be better but a lot longer and harder to have it all fixed and done right.

My question is how to I supply the part cost of work/parts on the car previous to me buying it?

Now every time I open my garage this is what I see:(
2013-03-12_12-56-06_285.jpg

Ugh. That sucks brother. Let me know if I can help in any way.
I just got my car on the road in ABQ two weeks ago and you just got yours stopped.
Have her insurance fix it and fix it right. Not enough of us in the Southwest.

Very sad to see this happen...it is great that you were not seriously injured. Good luck with this ordeal.

Bryan

SMV8LOL,
These comment are for our state, some states are different.
When you get time call me, there is so much misinformation it is scary.
1.Don't get a lawyer unless it becomes necessary, most decent insurance company will pay what is appropiate and a lawyer will only take part of it.
2. The value depends on the condition of your car, I see you don't have AC, if I remember right your radio was missing and the interior had some wear.
3. The insurance does NOT have to fix the car and just like most businesses they will do what is cheapest, fix it or total it.
4. In New Mexico you have the right to take it to what ever shop you want but they don't have the right to charge more than what is fair.
5. If you pick the shop than you have to deal with the shop if you have problems with them.
6. I would find out what company she had, some companies are easier to deal with. If her company is hard to deal with you have the option to file with your company. If you file with your company it will not effect your rate as long as you are fault free.
7. If you have an agree value policy I would consider filing on your insurance anyway.

When you get a hold of me I will give you more things to ask for, such as cash in leu of rental car, if totaled ask for taxes, title fees, plate fee if recently renewed.

I know one thing I learned. Let the insurance company come appraise the damage first. They're going to give you a number wether they look at it first or last. If you have a shop that quotes it too low then you're stuck not having been paid enough to fix it. If they quote it too high then you have to fight the insurance company to get more. Let them appraise it first because usually they're higher on the quote anyway and then you can look for the parts yourself and probably get them cheaper and maybe pocket some money for your time, pain, and suffering.

The interior was completely redone. The only thing missing was the ac/radio delete panel which I haven't installed because I don't have the gauges. Everything works on the car besides no AC.

I'm going to see if the report us done so I can call her insurance

Great info guys I appreciate all the help. I think it will be better but a lot longer and harder to have it all fixed and done right.

My question is how to I supply the part cost of work/parts on the car previous to me buying it?
You can with out a receipt. Just go on line for replacement costs. They will depreciate it depending how long your parts have been on there. I have done a few of these, a week.
Everything that is damaged we have new or used. I have 100 new GN header panels, new front & rear complete bumpers & our first new GN hood en route. New Fillers, head light bezels, lights, grill, mint fenders, radiator supports etc we have as well.
When figuring replacement value keep on mind you will have replacement labor & shipping costs as well.

Bweavy said:
You can with out a receipt. Just go on line for replacement costs. They will depreciate it depending how long your parts have been on there. I have done a few of these, a week.
Everything that is damaged we have new or used. I have 100 new GN header panels, new front & rear complete bumpers & our first new GN hood en route. New Fillers, head light bezels, lights, grill, mint fenders, radiator supports etc we have as well.
When figuring replacement value keep on mind you will have replacement labor & shipping costs as well.

Brian was a GREAT help during my rebuild process, without which, I'd have lost even more of my mind...

Very sorry you are having to through all that. At least your ok and you will be able to rebuild her, stronger, faster !

So sorry to see this happen! Glad you're OK though! Chuck mentioned this when I talked to him. This is the 2nd GN to get totaled/nearly totaled in a year that I know of on the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho streets