GN ECU Boost Contol External Gate

Sweet6

I have a GN ECU and wanted to use it for boost control. Currently I just have a manual bleeder. What parts do I need to set this up? I have a Tial gate mounted off the downpipe. ATR DP.

TIA

The stock ECM has no capability to control boost.

I am going to use a Turbosmart boost controller on my T with a 4 bolt turbo with a Tial gate.

The inside/dash display shows boost value which is adjustable. We make a metal bracket mount so it is easily visible and no dash or surround affected or butchered.

Part no. is: TS-0302-1002

I have no experience with the "new" ECU, so maybe it could be done, ask Eric or Bob Bailey?

My car has a FAST XFI, but I like the quick and easy ability to change boost up or down accurately between rounds, or on the street as needed.

Yes it can be done just a matter of hooking it up Just need to know what parts it needs I assume solenoids and pressure sensor on the wastegate I was hoping someone on here already did it

do you want to use CO2 or just treat it like a standard gate?

To use it as a regular/standard gate you need a 3-port solenoid, wired to the stock boost wiring. Then you can turn it on in the software. Start with some open loop tests to determine the solenoids range and make sure the boost is under control. Then you can work on the extra features.

You could use the stock solenoid and Y arrangement, but with the big wastegates its a bit of a compromise.

Bob

SpeedRacerX said:
Bob,

I'll be running the ecu-gn soon, wideband O2, etc. For now, I'll still have my downpipe with internal wastegate. I also have the factory boost solenoid and Hallman manual boost controller but I'm not married to them.

Please let me know what I need to buy or change out so that the ecu-gn can offer boost control/protection?

I'll keep my scanmaster-g (if you recall you fixed the dim screen issue for me) but wondering if a critical gauge I should have in the car is an air-fuel ratio gauge??

Thank you,
Randy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PM's won't let me reply. I see the messages, but never got the notification.

The ecuGN can control the factory solenoid, the control range will be the same as with the stock ECM. Its easy to set up, and if you need some help, let me know.

Boost protection, and leanout protection is easy to set up, and doesn't require extra hardware. You want to make sure you don't cut fuel if you are running alky though.

Scanmaster G will work great for you, I have a software update that adds some more stuff. I can talk you thru updating it, or you can send it here at some point.

Bob

SpeedRacerX said:
Bob,

I'll be running the ecu-gn soon, wideband O2, etc. For now, I'll still have my downpipe with internal wastegate. I also have the factory boost solenoid and Hallman manual boost controller but I'm not married to them.

Please let me know what I need to buy or change out so that the ecu-gn can offer boost control/protection?

I'll keep my scanmaster-g (if you recall you fixed the dim screen issue for me) but wondering if a critical gauge I should have in the car is an air-fuel ratio gauge??

Thank you,
Randy

PM's won't let me reply. I see the messages, but never got the notification.

The ecuGN can control the factory solenoid, the control range will be the same as with the stock ECM. Its easy to set up, and if you need some help, let me know.

Boost protection, and leanout protection is easy to set up, and doesn't require extra hardware. You want to make sure you don't cut fuel if you are running alky though.

Scanmaster G will work great for you, I have a software update that adds some more stuff. I can talk you thru updating it, or you can send it here at some point.

Bob
Thank you.