gn expert in il

the only shop i know is World of MotorWorks - Buick Grand National, GNX, Camaro, Mustang Parts and Accessories i went to his shop a while back for a documentary.
i do all my own work on my car. i dont like to pay people to do thing i can do myself. see my sig i even did my own restoation. from what i seen of his shop it looks like he know his stuff.

here is the info off his site.
World of MotorWorks
1723 E Wilson St
Batavia, IL 60510
USA

Tel: 630 264 8070
Fax: 630 264 8077

Depends on where you are and what you want done.

Steve

X2.

Also, regarding world of motor works, i know they sell restoration parts such as headlight bezels, bumper fillers, grills, etc. But not aware of them doing any performance work or installation work for that matter.

I hate to toot my own horn but I am the best! Tuning and getting you to reach your performance goals out of your Olds 307 or Chevy 305s. No need for "super chips" or "fancy fuel injection computers". I will get that controlable fuel leak on top of your intake just right. Starting fluid not needed if the temps are above 70*. I offer alley dyno tuning and soap and water burnout lessons. I am also the best g-body clutch adjuster in the area. Been tuning since 1986 but not well known. Come join me at my 31st birthday party this month and check out my latest trunk hidden nitrous systems! :cool::eek:;)

Just Kidding!!!
Posting the area you're in or willing to travel to will help you locate some help.:smile:

Where you live, and what your goals are with the GN would help us steer you in the right direction.

Jasjams alley dyno sessions are the best in my opinion.

i live in st. anne , il 5 min off of i-57 near kankakee

2 scenarios i have

1. buy a bone stock gn with 65,000 miles. do all the basic bolt ons, bigger turbo, tune etc... retain stock motor

2. buy this car in oregon http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/319551-87-gn-hardtop-9-sec-capable-fs-trade.html
which will defiintily need a grand national pro to make sure tuned correctly etc..

those are my two options please give me your opinions.

thanks

Well... it all depends on how fast you want to go. If you want to run in the 9s, then I would say get the car already built to do the job, because you will spend a small fortune taking a stock GN to that level. Additionally, keep in mind that while that add says "9 second capable" it has obviously not run the number before, and should be taken with a grain of salt. It does appear to have a solid combination, however in my opinion will require an aftermarket engine management such as XFI, BS3, or ProEFI in order to run the numbers reliably. This would also require having a reputable tuner tune for you once a system is installed such as Kurgan Motorsports or Sound Performance.

Thanks Cliff!! I do try my best...:tongue:

VetteandTyphoon, I sure would hate to see you buy a stocker only to spend another $10k. Don't believe me, quick tally...
Turbo $1100
Downpipe and Exhaust $900
Intercooler $900
Alky $600
Suspension and tires $1200
Fuel system $600
Logging equipment $700

Thats $6000 and thats if you do the work yourself. You don't seem to be looking to do that. And remember its still a stock motor, trans and converter. Trans and converter could take you up $2500-$3000. You would come out better buying the "Built" car and painting it and putting the heat back in it. Think it over, all the stuff TurboCliff said is true about the "Built" car too. I don't know of anyone close to you though.

Should and could are miles apart. I've seen car's that were supposed to run a number and only ran 12's and seen some surprises that thought 11's and were able to pull off 10's. There are a few things lacking on that car for me to believe it will run a nine.

Steve

not really needing it to be a nine sec car. i have my vette as my "fast" car. I am only planning on taking the gn to some shows and cruise the streets actually. a ten sec car on the streets is flying.

i also like the stock car, but just like the typhoon i have put so much mulah in it. I believe i may be better off buying one with all the expensive parts bought already.

How do you feel about the lack of heat and A/C? I feel an 11.50 car is a handful on the street, especially when its time to stop!

How do you feel about the lack of heat and A/C? I feel an 11.50 car is a handful on the street, especially when its time to stop!

do not care about heat or a/c. this will be my 5th car..lol

have a 408 rear mount turbo vette. should be making about 1,000rwhp
in the process no air/heat

also 92 typhoon with a kennebell ls1 conversion in process looking to make 550 to 600awhp no air /heat

turbo busa making 500 hp open air..lol

00 vette head/cam car full bolt ons going low 11's with drag tires a/c and heat

then a 09 vette stock daily driver (wifes)

looking for a gn just to drive once a month on sundays..lol