You can type here any text you want

GN feels like its hitting rev limiter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You need to get the airflow up, cutting the fuel pressure won't really help. What turbo and intercooler do you have now?

I have the stock turbo, with a ebay fmic. I using the stock maf / maf flex pipe with a one filter on that. I was using a te44 and the car just felt slugish so i switched back to the stock turbo and it was doing great. Then like i said after i let it sit a week or so and cleaned the engine something changed.

I think you found the "something changed" with the solenoid wire. I'd put the TE44 back on and set the boost to about 18 psi and see how it does. On 93 octane, that turbo, and guessing on the fmic you should be able to run 18-19 psi with a street chip from tt.

I think you found the "something changed" with the solenoid wire. I'd put the TE44 back on and set the boost to about 18 psi and see how it does. On 93 octane, that turbo, and guessing on the fmic you should be able to run 18-19 psi with a street chip from tt.

But without a stall or anything it is MUCH MUCH slower then my stock turbo

But without a stall or anything it is MUCH MUCH slower then my stock turbo

That's because the tune is crap.... while the te44 will spool a bit slower with a stock D-5 convertor, it should more than make up for it once it hits and on the big end...

That's because the tune is crap.... while the te44 will spool a bit slower with a stock D-5 convertor, it should more than make up for it once it hits and on the big end...

Do you guys think it would help if i threw my stock tt chip back in? I couldent tell a difference really between the two.

stock TT is the chip that was in it when i bought it, i believe it was the stocker but really dont know. The chip i have now is a turbo tweak setup for teh te44, full exhaust, fmic, and intake. I dont think swapping the turbo should make a difference on the chip if i am running the same amount of boost and whatnot. Like i said it made no difference the first time i took it out and tested it after swapping back to the stock turbo....

TT = turbotweak.... so 'stock tt chip' is an oxymoron.... no such thing... and no, don't put the stocker back in... leave the TT chip in... the TT chip should be a huge difference than the stocker... need some scantool numbers to see where your tune is.... the TT chip fueling is adjustable if it's too fat/lean somewhere... as well as the timing...

So hang on, these cars did not come from the factory with a chip installed?

So hang on, these cars did not come from the factory with a chip installed?

lol.... yes, they had a factory chip (albeit, with a crappy calibration), but not a turbotweak chip.... which is a way better calibration, and has some super trick 'tweaks' programmed in to allow user adjustability...:cool:

Hey guys i tried cutting up the boost and the car did do better acually. But it was knocking a little so im not sure what to do. I then took it out later that day and the car did the same thing i was talkin about before, like hitting a rev limiter. I cannot figure this out. Wish somebody nearby could come check it out. I know chuck leeper is nearby and im trying to talk with him. Does anybody think my valve springs might be the problem? The car just does not feel like it has enough power, i checked the compression and it is all fine.

If you believe that your valvesprings may be suspect I think you would notice it a little more often than not. It really wouldnt hurt to pull the valve covers off and make sure you don't have a broken one if its a concern to you. I think a few of these other guys have a pretty good idea of what is going on.

Im going to let chuck see it sometime this week, hopefully he will find something.

Hey guys i was looking over the car today and found what looks like a ground hanging. I have had a chance to hook it up somewhere and see what it does. But it is right under the turbo, looks like it might have mounted with the turbo cover bracket. Any idea's if this will cause problems?

Hey guys i was looking over the car today and found what looks like a ground hanging. I have had a chance to hook it up somewhere and see what it does. But it is right under the turbo, looks like it might have mounted with the turbo cover bracket. Any idea's if this will cause problems?

Sounds like the battery ground cable. It shouldn't even start with that disconnected.

Sounds like the battery ground cable. It shouldn't even start with that disconnected.

Well its starts up just fine, and its not touching ANYTHING. I will get some pics when i can and post up.

Aight guys sorry its been a while, replaced alot of things recently and none really helped at all. Both my vaccum check valves were bad so i replaced those (this really seemed to help on low end power for some odd reason). Replaced the PCV valve, cleaned my maf really well, and replaced fuel filter. Tommorow i am replacing my fuel pump with a new walbro, im hoping this will help me out.
One thing i have found out about this problem is that when i take the car out for the first time that day it seems that i can stomp on it a few times and its fine. Bring it home and let it sit for like 30mins take it back out and for the rest of the day and it does this stumpling crap, anything over like 70% throttle makes it fall on its face as soon as it hits like 15+ lbs.

Hey guys just got the gas tank out and it looks like somebody has already put a walbro in it before. Still going to put my new one in and repaint the tank. But im guessing since this pump looks new this isnt my problem :rolleyes: ...

Hey guys small update, believe i fixed this problem today. I replaced my IAC which i hope was my idle'ing problem, and i removed my pcv valve and put on the blockoff plate. Took the car out a few times and it hasnt hit a hitch yet. BUT

I also did a seafoam treatment, some in the oil/gas tank. When i put it in the vaccum line to get it smoking i found like 3 exhaust leaks. One from somewhere on the drivers side header, and one on my downpipe where the donut gasket is. The downpipe im not worried about as i am going to be replacing it soon, but the drivers side header has me worried. If its cracked, am i going to have to remove it from the car to get replaced and how hard is that to do? Thanks

Back