GN on Trailer 95 South in Maryland in the snow

Blown&Injected

Was on my way home from the Motor Trend International New Car Show in Baltimore last night and saw a nice 87.

After looking at the price of anything cool at that show - I'm thinking about getting another GN to restore as a daily driver.

Looks like somebody else has made a good decision!

Hey that was me. I just bought that last week and finally got to go pick it up. It is my new project. Not too bad condition, 78K original. Runs very good. I was surprised how powerful it felt, my 1st time behind the wheel on a GN or any turbo car for that matter, at least as much if not more as my Z28.

It is easy to make these things run fast - I'm sure you will enjoy.

What's up with your Z-28? If you took the trouble to stroke it, I'm betting there are some other interesting things going on there.

I just got bored with it. I have wanted a GN for about 16 years so I said WTF, lets go get one while I still can. Gives me something new to play with and a new engine to learn about. I have never had or driven a FI car of any type. Only diesel turbos/tupercharged trucks.

I have a 95 Z 28 and a 87 GN. Two different personalities

The Z is sneaky and powerful The GN thug that will hit you with no provication. Just ny .02

Roger

Originally posted by ws6formula50
I just got bored with it. I have wanted a GN for about 16 years so I said WTF, lets go get one while I still can. Gives me something new to play with and a new engine to learn about. I have never had or driven a FI car of any type. Only diesel turbos/tupercharged trucks.

congrats and break out the piggy bank ;)

thanks, Im glad to have the car. On the Z28 power, I meant with the stock engine, not the 408. Im sure that was obvious but I just wanted to make it crystal clear.
My Z is not sneaky. I have the SLP Loudmouth exhaust on it, 3 inch pipes with no muffler, just a resonator, VERY loud and the cam has 112 LSA so she lopes a tad too.

Blown&Injected, before you get another GN as a project car or as a daily driver or whatever. You need to deal with the interior of your current GN FIRST!!!