GN owner occupations

I am a Union elevator mechanic I.U.E.C. local 21.

Had a slow year but not too bad,still cleared 70K,but it is getting busy again so 6 figures for '07 will probably happen :) .

IT in the Navy with one more tour before my 20 yrs will be up.......Can't wait to get back to MD area and probably be a Walmart Greeter or something like that.........."MAG'S" Bunch I know its not called that anymore but "Hello from Honolulu" see you'all soon...........

That's awesome that your retiring in the next year! I think I will be following in your foot steps with the Walmart gig;) Although, I still have 7 years left until I retire at my 20 year mark :( But, I know it's gonna go by fast:) Take Care and Mery Christmas.

That's awesome that your retiring in the next year! I think I will be following in your foot steps with the Walmart gig;) Although, I still have 7 years left until I retire at my 20 year mark :( But, I know it's gonna go by fast:) Take Care and Mery Christmas.

It's going to go by a LOT faster than you think!!!!!

EWCS (USN Ret)

Service/Construction Electrician. 615 Hours Over-Time Y.T.D.:eek: ...Taking full advantage of "lazy America";) ....in the last 8-10 years running kids coming up think there gonna make a mint sitting at a computer or they wanna-be the next freakin Eminem:rolleyes: ...keep it up:biggrin:

I'm a web designer/developer slash graphic designer for a small marketing and advertising agency. Unfortunately, the V8 T never came out of the barn this summer. I spend most of my paycheck saving for the day the revolving door hits me and most of my time looking at the cars for sale section and dreaming.

Local 638 SteamFitter...NYC.

Nice 35 hour work week...Doubletime after 35...Awesome Benefits/Pension..And Multiple Funds.

Dont really care for the OT...I work a little here and there,Was told that the job Im on may go to 6-10hr days after the holidays...I will take it for a while during the winter....CHA-CHING....:biggrin:

Im a used car tech for a Honda/Toyota dealership. After 9 years of being a line tech for Jeep, Honda, and Mazda its nice to not have to deal w/ b*tching, whining customers that always want something for nothing. All I have to do now is deal with the sleazeball used car managers!:rolleyes:

James

It's going to go by a LOT faster than you think!!!!!

EWCS (USN Ret)

Congrats to you too Dave, hope being retired is treating you well. I hit my 13 year mark on 6 Dec, and man don't you know it.....I have 6 years 11 months and 9 day's left:wink: Your right though, it will go by faster than I think, that's a good thing right Dave:smile:

Take care and have a Merry Christmas and thanks for serving:cool: - Ray

I am a Utah State Safety Inspector and a Salt Lake County I/M Tech. I am also going to school. Working on getting my Associate of Applied Science Degree in Mortuary Science.

Yes, yes....I hope to be a mortician.:eek:

I am a service technician for P&H crane, in the overhead crane industry. I am the only working project manager we have in the Houston area. I have seen more money in the last year than the previous two almost. I love using HUGE cranes to put up even larger ones. I think it takes all kinds to make the world go round but I work where you don't get a second chance. Wouldn't change it for anything. 4 years in the army 31-D was lots of "fun":wink: Doing great buy what I want when I want BUT I am tight with my funds!!!

OK, I guess I shoulda said the economy here in Michigan sucks (quoted as being 2nd worst in all of U.S.)! I've considered packing up & leaving..... but ALL of my family & friends are here, and I've been here all my life!

Any decent paying jobs in Mich? (that are hiring??)

Appreciate everyone's replies! Keep 'em coming! :smile:

Retired Navy GMG, Civil Service now as a Small Arms Instructor(FDLE certified)/Explosives Handler for the Navy. Wifes job buys anything I want or need, she is free with the purse strings as long as I'm convincing enough.

With the economy as bad as it is today, just curious what GN owners do for a living? Or how do you support your Buick (racing/show/accumulating parts) habits?

Economy bad? You better quit watching Communist News Network, and the alphabet networks. ;)

US Forest Service Law Enforcement. aka: twig pig

I have worked at Applied Biosystems for the last 5+ years.

Applied Biosystems

I coordinate the technical training department.
It is our charter to train our global field staff to install and repair our instruments. In addition we have expanded to applications training and soft skills. Our departmen trains over 1000 students a year.

Applied Biosystems has demonstrated its position as a technology leader and driving force in the changing dynamics of the life science marketplace. The Applied Biosystems business is focused on the following markets: basic research, commercial research (pharmaceutical and biotechnology) and standardized testing, including forensic human identification, paternity testing and food testing. The company has an installed base of approximately 180,000 instrument systems in nearly 100 countries.

Basic research includes work at university, government and other non-profit institutions that focus on uncovering the basic laws of nature and understanding human disease. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies use Applied Biosystems' products to discover and develop new drugs more effectively. Standardized testing customers require systems that produce precise results from a high volume of automated tests.

Further information on how Applied Biosystems serves these customers can be found in our press kit.

Applied Biosystems - Press Kit

Applied Biosystems (symbol ABI) is one of the two tracking stocks of Applera Corporation. Celera Genomics (symbol CRA) is the other, and both are traded on the New York Stock Exchange.