You can type here any text you want

gn seems slow

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwmoore

87 gn stock engine,stock injectors,stock turbo,precision fmic,3"dp,3200 stall convertor,walbro w/hot wire ,adj fuel pressure reg,air bags, razor alky kit,t.t.chip,new delco plugs, new wires,k& n air filter,mt drag radials,scanmaster. running 22 lbs boost,38lbs fuel pressure w/hose off.need help to make it all work together did the spring cleaning the car seems to run good thought it would be faster . do i need to advance the timing some or more or less fuel .my best time last night 60' 1.97 1/8 8.39,84.88mph 1/4 13.06 104.15mph .be easy on me had car about 3 months still dont know alot learn every day!

what timing are you running now? also how many miles on your car? if your still running factory valve springs that might be holding back some of you topend. Also what scan tool are you using. you have any scan tool #'s for us?

dont know what timeing is set at dont have any thing to check it read you can adjust timeing through the chip, stock valve springs , 80000 miles on car have to get you the scan # believe tps is set right i'll get the #

I'm wondering if with only 36psi (Eric's chips recommend 43 psi line off) if you are running short on fuel and getting bad knock? What were your 02s,Knock Retard,maybe you are running to much alcohol on the top end and not enough petrol, because i think your trap speeds are a little bit low for a 13.0, i had the same problem a while back and ran 12.6@103 LOL.

Good Luck, Dan

i had posted wrong my fuel pressure it is 43 w/hose off when hose on it is 38,here is my scan # s at iddle 02 votage 28,maf 5,lv8 32,int 128,blm 142,iac 44 tps .44, retard 2.1, it smells rich when iddleing,

For your setup, the times seem to be about right. I think your running a little too much converter for a basically stock setup.

i had posted wrong my fuel pressure it is 43 w/hose off when hose on it is 38,here is my scan # s at iddle 02 votage 28,maf 5,lv8 32,int 128,blm 142,iac 44 tps .44, retard 2.1, it smells rich when iddleing,

you said o2s were 28 did you mean .28, that is very lean, why is it getting retard at idle? Is there any black hydrocarbons or anything coming from the exhaust onto the ground?

,Dan

Back