GN tries to die when I go over a bump?

Adrian87

No idea what is going on here. I was thinking hot wire for FP or the pump itself, but doesn't the hot wire kit piggyback over the stock wiring, just boosting voltage? It should still have a good connection with the stock wiring. I am assuming it's an electrical short somewhere, any ideas on what to look for? On the Scanmaster the only thing that looked odd was the L8 reading - varying between 40 and 60 I think it was. It's been a few days since I've started the car. I'll have it warm up and write down everything.

It totally died a couple times, but restarts fine. If it starts to sputter as I go over a speed bump or rough patch of pavement, I'll gas it a bit and it lines out.

Any ideas are appreciated.

It does have the stock MAF, is there a way to test it or would it not be vibration sensitive?

Does it sort cut out like an electrical short for just an instance?? I had my positive battery cable come loose from the clip on the passenger side just to the left of the oil filter on the frame rail....The cable would touch the bottom of the d.pipe and short.... When I gave it gas or turned a corner it would either cut out for an instance and stay running or cut out all together...Something to check....

Yes, it 'feels' like an electric short to me really. I did recently replace the battery cable. I will start there. I will run out and start the car and tap the MAF here in a minute too..

Thanks.

It's got something to do with the battery cable. Started up and tugged on it, car dies. Will have to do some digging, thanks again.

check to make sure that the bolt in the battery terminal actually tightened the cable and didn't bottom out.. i've had a few of them over the last few years that either had a bolt that was too long or the holes in the battery not tapped deep enough, and a loose cable is the result. if you can grab the cable and turn it with the bolt tight, then that's your problem.

agreed, ive also had a cross threaded bolt that just wouldnt sit and was too short. problem disapeared after it was replaced. explains why the bumpy ride shorts it out when it comes loose