gn1 front mount

Not taking sides in this disagreement, but if that was a cut and not a blowout, it would not be concave in contour as it is. And the pic does show the top end piece to be concave and not flat in contour. Hate to say it, but from the evidence presented, it does look like a blowout to me.

Obviously you do not know the history here... If you did you would understand....

Shane dont take this as a bash... we have talked plenty of times you know my view of the community anymore but... I taught you where trying to stop the bashing between members in threads?

Come on guys... it's such a shame what these threads always turn into.

I agree, everyone gets sooo defensive but ur right, I dont know the past. I could just see the recent posts and you kinda see who "throws the first punch" as far as the current thread. Oh well, too much drama for me so Im done posting in this thread before I get a "time out" for speaking freely.

I wonder if the Mustang guys (or other car forums) have this many arguments on their boards?

yeah enough for me also...hey atleast im doing my part by supporting the vendors i got a precision SLIC thats going in my wagon that alone deserves a high five:smile:

Attachments

• 95 Internet High-Five.jpg
    95 Internet High-Five.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 184
Shane dont take this as a bash... we have talked plenty of times you know my view of the community anymore but... I taught you where trying to stop the bashing between members in threads?

Jim you are right. I do get carried away over this subject, I will admit.

Here is my dilemma though...

Either I let this stuff go unchecked and some members get screwed because they saw the praises of a certain company on this board. Some people "set out" to purposely do this to draw attention to a company for FREE ADVERTISING! I am not saying that is what has happened with my1stgn. He may have no clue what is going on...

I have it pretty straight from several mouths that, a certain person gets TB members on the good side knowing they will go post! It is a "plan." I am not making this up, again I have been told this by more than 1 person!!!!! This has happened constantly for about the last 2 years!

I have been told many bad experiences about this certain company. So is it not somewhat my responsibility to warn the members here if nobody else does?

My other option is to, move, delete, or lock any thread concerning this issue. What happens then? More threads get started and I am considered a bigger SOB than what I am now:frown:

Ziggy, aka gnbooster87, has been in the middle of this nightmare from day one... Him and "bambambigelow" or wtf ever started tons of crap here and on other boards:rolleyes: Personally I like Ziggy, he has spunk I will give him that. He can't let a dead dog lie though... He has PROMISED ME to drop this more than once but we see what that led too:rolleyes:

So, what would you do in my position? Anyone?

Remember, if you let it go and people get screwed that will be on you too:eek:

Jim you are right. I do get carried away over this subject, I will admit.

Here is my dilemma though...

Either I let this stuff go unchecked and some members get screwed because they saw the praises of a certain company on this board. Some people "set out" to purposely do this to draw attention to a company for FREE ADVERTISING! I am not saying that is what has happened with my1stgn. He may have no clue what is going on...

I have it pretty straight from several mouths that, a certain person gets TB members on the good side knowing they will go post! It is a "plan." I am not making this up, again I have been told this by more than 1 person!!!!! This has happened constantly for about the last 2 years!

I have been told many bad experiences about this certain company. So is it not somewhat my responsibility to warn the members here if nobody else does?

My other option is to, move, delete, or lock any thread concerning this issue. What happens then? More threads get started and I am considered a bigger SOB than what I am now:frown:

Ziggy, aka gnbooster87, has been in the middle of this nightmare from day one... Him and "bambambigelow" or wtf ever started tons of crap here and on other boards:rolleyes: Personally I like Ziggy, he has spunk I will give him that. He can't let a dead dog lie though... He has PROMISED ME to drop this more than once but we see what that led too:rolleyes:

So, what would you do in my position? Anyone?

Remember, if you let it go and people get screwed that will be on you too:eek:

I understand that you have an issue with GN1 performance but.... you have another vendor here who ALSO sells the same products but is a supporting vendor. Yet people seem to have issues zero issues with his intercoolers. I guess my big issue is your focusing on saying there products are junk but one of your supporting vendors sells the very same product but it has no issues? Now you go bashing gn1 performance and in reality your really bashing Mark H. also thats where my real problem is with the situation. I can understand your frustration with Archie but in reality your hurting one of "our own" members.

Also I hate to hy-jack the thread anymore then it already is :D But maybe it would be in the best interest of the community to not allow advertising in the signatures. :confused: I can understand there is no "good" solution to the problem but you cant putting down the products of one of our own members company's. Feel free to give me a call at your pleasure 484-571-1425 if you would like. I hate to drive the thread off topic anymore but Ive been a member or this community for a while and I hate to see this keep being a on going issue.

Thanks,

Jimmy Barnes

I understand that you have an issue with GN1 performance but.... you have another vendor here who ALSO sells the same products but is a supporting vendor. Yet people seem to have issues zero issues with his intercoolers. I guess my big issue is your focusing on saying there products are junk but one of your supporting vendors sells the very same product but it has no issues? Now you go bashing gn1 performance and in reality your really bashing Mark H. also thats where my real problem is with the situation. I can understand your frustration with Archie but in reality your hurting one of "our own" members.

Also I hate to hy-jack the thread anymore then it already is :D But maybe it would be in the best interest of the community to not allow advertising in the signatures. :confused: I can understand there is no "good" solution to the problem but you cant putting down the products of one of our own members company's. Feel free to give me a call at your pleasure 484-571-1425 if you would like. I hate to drive the thread off topic anymore but Ive been a member or this community for a while and I hate to see this keep being a on going issue.

Thanks,

Jimmy Barnes

+1. Very well said. I dont think there is a right or wrong, just difference of opinions but very true, Mark H's business might suffer and he has nothing to do with this.

I admit at one time I did put in a few plugs for GN1 on here, but I don't buy from them anymore. Main reason being I sort of did get screwed. My only purchase ever from them was a large one--I bought the 3" downpipe with external wastegate, Turbonetics boost controller, dump pipe, and 3" stainless exhaust. In all over $1300 spent--I know, not a whole lot of money for some but more than I will usually spend on my first purchase from somebody. Anyway, the wastegate was crap. Turned out it had 2 holes in the diaphragm--one of them from a burr on the inside of the actuator housing from when they cut the threads on the lower actuator port, and the other from the diaphragm being pinched between the 2 halves of the actuator when it was assembled. I called Archie about it and he sent me another wastegate, which also turned out to have a pinched diaphragm. He was supposed to have checked it for this problem before shipping it out. Anyway, rather than keep going through the same thing I had to spend another $200+ on a TiAL wastegate which has worked great since then. Another area where I feel I got short changed by GN1 (although minor) was the exhaust clamps and dump pipe. I spent over $1300 for a T304 stainless exhaust system from turbo to tailpipes, and the dump pipe is obviously not T304, if even stainless at all. I checked the whole system over with a magnet, and it sticks pretty good to the dump pipe AND certain areas on the downpipe too! The exhaust clamps are definitely mild steel, which pi$$ed me off--who wants to spend that kind of money on a stainless system and have rusty clamps on it? So again, I spent the extra money to get some good stainless clamps from Summit.

My point of view on this matter now is, if you must have GN1 products because of the low prices, there's at least two supporting vendors that sell them--TR Custom Parts and Fullthrottlespeed are the two that come to mind, and you'd still be supporting GN1 indirectly if that is your wish. I already also have the radiator in my car, but I bought it from TR Custom Parts as stated early in this thread. I'm still tossing it around between the SLIC they offer or a Precision intercooler (the Mark Jackson IC in my sig is borrowed from a friend), but either way I know where I WON'T buy it (GN1). EDIT: I forgot to mention, when the box from GN1 arrived, it was beat to hell and had a huge hole in the side that all the small parts had fallen out of. I told Archie and that is when he sent me the lousy mild steel clamps.

This has nothing to do with Mark...

I have no doubt Mark stands behind what he sales. Difference is, I feel he would take care of any problems that arise... I am not dumb, people are going to go for price sometimes. It is simple economics...

As I have said in numerous threads, "I CALL THEM AS I SEE THEM!"

Jim you are 100% correct about the sigs! That is a pandora's box, we are and have been cracking down on it... Another thread though....

It is more than just price, the intercoolers flat out WORK. I tested them extensivly before I made the decision to add them to our web site, it was a decision I did not make quickly or without thought. I would not do it until I was sent a unit that was installed and compared, it did the job, well. They do not blow up like the old picture of a unit that is not even made anymore, they fit, and they control the temps better than most of the intercoolers on the market. Even the ones that are made overseas and sold with little american flags stuck to them buy misleading vendors. If I sell one and there is a problem I will deal with it, end of story. If you don't like them I can respect that, hopefully you can repect our decision to give our customers cost effictive options on products that work. We also have the "genunely made in US" PTE units that are proven performers for those that desire a different option.
Mike

It is more than just price, the intercoolers flat out WORK. I tested them extensivly before I made the decision to add them to our web site, it was a decision I did not make quickly or without thought. I would not do it until I was sent a unit that was installed and compared, it did the job, well. They do not blow up like the old picture of a unit that is not even made anymore, they fit, and they control the temps better than most of the intercoolers on the market. Even the ones that are made overseas and sold with little american flags stuck to them buy misleading vendors. If I sell one and there is a problem I will deal with it, end of story. If you don't like them I can respect that, hopefully you can repect our decision to give our customers cost effictive options on products that work. We also have the "genunely made in US" PTE units that are proven performers for those that desire a different option.
Mike

I do respect your decision to offer a less expensive alternative, especially since both you and TR Custom Parts will stand behind it. Good on you guys. As I said to Mark H. earlier in this thread, I wasn't bringing up your name in a bad light. I was just directing the price comment at those who tend to shop where they can get the best deals--I am very guilty of that myself since I'm not necessarily an individual that could be described as "affluent". And as I stated in my last post, for me it's still a tossup between one of these intercoolers and the PTE. Chalk up one more point for the less expensive unit that works.:biggrin:

just understand that I dont offer items strictly based on price. It has to work well too and these do. I cannot speak for Mark but I can buy lots of items much cheaper than the items we sell now we just chose not to because they don't live up to certain standards.
Mike

just understand that I dont offer items strictly based on price. It has to work well too and these do. I cannot speak for Mark but I can buy lots of items much cheaper than the items we sell now we just chose not to because they don't live up to certain standards.
Mike

OK, I get it.

I'm no longer able to edit the post above where I made the comment about price, so I'll rephrase it here:

My point of view on this matter now is, if you must have GN1 products because of the low prices or because they flat out work and you believe in them, there's at least two supporting vendors that sell them--TR Custom Parts and Fullthrottlespeed are the two that come to mind.

Better?:biggrin:

Been selling these items for a year now. I run them on my own GN and would NOT sell something I wasn't willing to use myself. I think the blown up picture deal should not be brought up any more in the future as that is a moot point. It is NOT one of the IC's being sold. Actually sometimes these threads are GREAT for business as I have been selling quite a bit this week. Maybe people are getting their tax refunds. :smile: Maybe with Mike selling these items too now people will believe.