gn1 front mount

I know you are not stirring. I was referring to the one or two that always have to jump in...

Mark is an excellent vendor! I would say consider your goals vs cost...

It is what it is:)

Why does it seem no matter what I will say next, you will assume Im "stirring the pot"? I warned the guy because I never got any warning about my post nor was it moved to another more appropiate forum, but instead just deleted. Ive seen plenty of other threads moved before. I wouldnt have had a problem if it was moved either. I guess now cause I mention that vendor Im "marked" as a "bad" member of this board.

After owning a set of China headers, and seeing how crappy internally they were, I will never buy another China rip off again. I saw the front mount with the end tank blown out. Who knows what the intercooler was put through, but I wouldn't want that on my car. For afew $'s more, you can have the real deal, and not be wondering how well they actually perform. Look for deals on this board. With all these "fancy" new parts coming out, there are good deals on the tried and true old parts that will still go further than most people here are pushing. What's the point of a new Billet BB turbo and a huge front mount if the car is out of tune and running 12's? Impressive mod lists don't make the car fast.

I would probably never buy chinese headers either (and I didnt, I bought another USA brand) just because soo many people had bad experiences. But I doubt all Chinese products are made in the same warehouse by the same company. Some are crappier than others true, but then again I dont expect anyone to continue buying from different Chinese vendors until they find one that works right either. Thats what these boards are for, others give their opinion of what they have found to work.

37194d1195170575-new-stock-location-intercooler-just-came-gn-1-performance.jpg

must be a perfect blow! i have never seen an IC blown so perfectly. looks cut to me, I see no blow point. but thats just me

look at the arrow, that line of weld looks perfect, as in cut

Why does it seem no matter what I will say next, you will assume Im "stirring the pot"? I warned the guy because I never got any warning about my post nor was it moved to another more appropiate forum, but instead just deleted. Ive seen plenty of other threads moved before. I wouldnt have had a problem if it was moved either. I guess now cause I mention that vendor Im "marked" as a "bad" member of this board.

Why do you keep whining about that post! I explained it THROUGHLY before! You are pissed your thread got moved! You put it in the wrong place, not me! It is not my fault you didn't take the time to read the forum rules! Again I am not going to waste 2 sec's helping him or you spew his crap....

Get the sand out and drop it! I will not argue with you again on this subject...

Maybe a Blow-off Valve could have prevented this?:D

To comment on Darkcyde's comment about the perfect blowout. It was probably crappy welds, thats why it looks "cut". I doubt anyone would cut it just to make the guy in question look bad. It comes down to poor welds, and crappy quality control.

Maybe a Blow-off Valve could have prevented this?:D

To comment on Darkcyde's comment about the perfect blowout. It was probably crappy welds, thats why it looks "cut". I doubt anyone would cut it just to make the guy in question look bad. It comes down to poor welds, and crappy quality control.

just so you guys know this was his FIRST prototype design when he started making intercoolers......lets see someone post something negative about his new and IMPROVED products.....the person that took this picture is more money hungry and blood sucking leach than the chines....i know the person:mad:

I have never bought one of Marks Intercoolers but have bought a chit load of other stuff from him and NEVER had an issue pertaining to quality or customer service.

We could probably find someone somewhere that has had an issue with a vender making products here is the USA as well.

Look at the Billet Specialty rims that bowed over like a tin can:eek:. Does that mean they are all crap now? I hope not, cause im gonna order a set soon. I don't think there is any doubt a set of TA headers will perform better then most but not everyone has $1100 to spend of headers. And im sure not everyone has money to burn when buying an intercooler either and needs to budget his expenses.

Quality wise I think it would be hard to beat an RJC or Cottons FM but that hardly means the one Mark sells are inferior or unreliable.

After owning a set of China headers, and seeing how crappy internally they were, I will never buy another China rip off again. I saw the front mount with the end tank blown out. Who knows what the intercooler was put through, but I wouldn't want that on my car. For afew $'s more, you can have the real deal, and not be wondering how well they actually perform. Look for deals on this board. With all these "fancy" new parts coming out, there are good deals on the tried and true old parts that will still go further than most people here are pushing. What's the point of a new Billet BB turbo and a huge front mount if the car is out of tune and running 12's? Impressive mod lists don't make the car fast.

More importantly....how did you get your Roadmaster to run in the 13's? Is that the next GN or is it modded?

More importantly....how did you get your Roadmaster to run in the 13's? Is that the next GN or is it modded?

It has bolt ons, headers, exhaust, cone filter, 3000 stall converter and 3.42's. I have a very small cam in it from a ZZ4 crate engine. It still has factory computer programming and is very lean. I think I can squeeze afew tenths out of it with a tune. The car ran 14.6's with only air box mods and 2.56 gears. All while weighing 4300lbs.

just so you guys know this was his FIRST prototype design when he started making intercoolers......lets see someone post something negative about his new and IMPROVED products.....the person that took this picture is more money hungry and blood sucking leach than the chines....i know the person:mad:

New and improved products? Like the ones that has all the lawyers calling about:eek:

New and improved products? Like the ones that has all the lawyers calling about:eek:

i could be wrong but if he did have all these lawyers calling him wouldnt one of our supporting vendors pull his stock from the website:confused: as far as i can tell his products are still selling strong look at all the new threads that get started, and im talking about the vendor not GN1;)
not trying to bust your chops i just think youve been miss informed
i just think its wrong how GN1 gets bashed on here for not being a supporting vendor, if thats the case shouldnt all the threads about KRAGEN,SUMMIT,AUTOZONE etc.. be locked since their not supporting the site:confused: lets stop being two faces here

i could be wrong but if he did have all these lawyers calling him wouldnt one of our supporting vendors pull his stock from the website:confused: as far as i can tell his products are still selling strong look at all the new threads that get started, and im talking about the vendor not GN1;)
i just think its wrong how GN1 gets bashed on here for not being a supporting vendor, if thats the case shouldnt all the threads about KRAGEN,SUMMIT,AUTOZONE etc.. be locked since their not supporting the site:confused: lets stop being two faces here

+1. I agree, well said.

First off you KNOW the history there... You are a great part of it!

When has Kragen, Summit, Autozone or anybody like that came on this board lying, under false names, talking FILTH, Trashing the board and its members, and laughing at the community for being "stupid" for falling for their ebay ads?

I don't think Kragen, Summit, Autozone has had to have their IP PERMANTLY BANNED from this site for continuously signing up false members:eek:

GN1 is not bashed for not being a vendor, because they were REJECTED for sponsorship of this board!

There is more than 1 vendor out there that has had their products COPIED in china and sold on ebay:eek:

If I am not badly mistaken a fellow TB member was approached and asked to borrow his brand new I/C made by another TB VENDOR to send to China to be duplicated and he would get 2 in return:eek:

There is a big freakin difference between DUPLICATION and INNOVATION!

Any idiot can copy a product and sale it cheaper since they had NO UP FRONT MONEY INVOLVED in the testing and fabrication of a piece... Yea we all know it happens, just part of life right:confused: Well just because it happens doesn't mean you got to support it:wink:

You boyz can go swing from the sack all you want... When you get burned don't say you weren't warned... I know of SEVERAL SEVERAL people that have came back and said "you were right":cool:

Finally, I make no bones about it. If you don't like the policy here on that issue, roll out:wink:

I was very pleased with mine too. Just got rid of it in a trade for a stock location IC because for a street car that I barely drive I felt I didn't need the front mount. But you're right the piping fit great and it is a great deal.

I currently have BM's GN1 FMIC on my car. There isn't a damn thing wrong with it... and to add... it looks NOTHING like the one pictured above with the blown tank. The unit I just put on MY car has polished CAST ALUMINUM tanks on it.

Quite frankly, for the money they sell for... I think it's a bargain.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

5.jpg

nice front mount, i also got rid of my first prototype intercooler that i was running on my hybrid wagon for a presicoin SLIC just for the simple fact that i want to go with a more stealthy look....i had the same intercooler that was posted with the perfect CUT that they say was done at 18lbs.....i ran mine at 25lbs for well over 3ys and never had that problem:confused: btw no hanging from any nut sacks just stating some facts