GN1 Torque Spec Heads/Intake

V8killR4U

Just wanted to verify with a few of you what your torqing your GN1' heads too. Im using previously used heads studs and bolts on ALUMINUM GN1 heads. Champion spec reads 75ft lbs. Most seem to think its not enough. I cant remember what i torqued them too last time. But i did 90 and stripped the bottom of the thread in the block on one :rolleyes: Also seems people are torquing the longer studs higher than the shorter ones. Yes, I did do a search and found varying info, so just thought Id reverify. Also what are you torqing the intake bolts too for GN1's and rocker shafts. (Might as well get all those questions out the way) I do have the torque sheet printed off of the other website but wasnt sure if that applied to aluminum heads

Ok no one has GN1's with ARP head studs ? Just looking to verify the Torque on the long and short studs. Come on guys :cool:

I torque my heads to 80lbs all around. I use a shorty rachet on the intake and rockers.

Straight from Dan @DLS.......70ft/lbs on the head studs long and short.

hope this helps. jeremy walters

Norbs, that is with ARP moly lube. Your right about the big difference. The K1 rods I have came with their own high pressure lube. It wasnt ARP lube either but the rod bolts were ARP 2000's. Guess the manufacturer has something more consistent than ARP moly lube. later