You can type here any text you want

GN1 valve spring removal tool

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
I am in the process of gathering tools to remove a valve spring on my GN1 heads (in the car, heads on) and have run into a snag. The holes for the spark plugs is so narrow the fitting for my leakdown tester will not screw into the spark plug hole. What fitting have you used to connect to your compressor to hold the valve up while changing the spring?
Mike
86 GN

They make a hose adapter i think 14mm that screws into the spark plug hole and alows compressed air to connect to the other end.i have one. i think jegs,summits or your local auto store has them.

I fed 3 feet of 3/8" uncoated nylon rope into the sparkplug hole and rotated the piston up towards tdc till it stopped.... works perfect, and no chance of dropping the valve as the rope is holding it up.... also gives the valve support from beneath to weasel the spring/retainer around a bit to get the keepers in/out.... :)

I fed 3 feet of 3/8" uncoated nylon rope into the sparkplug hole and rotated the piston up towards tdc till it stopped.... works perfect, and no chance of dropping the valve as the rope is holding it up.... also gives the valve support from beneath to weasel the spring/retainer around a bit to get the keepers in/out.... :)

+1...rope trick always works.

I like it, I'll give it a go, thanks for the help!
Mike

Back