You can type here any text you want

gnx component verification

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WeSS

I gotz 2 sub woofers
I was considering aquiring this car. It currently has this suspension on it. The only part # is on the bar the connects to the dif cover. It is the only component to have a part # and it is 220. Any help comfirming if this is original gnx or reproduction would be appreciated.

Attachments

• tj1.jpg
    tj1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 325
  • tj2.jpg
    tj2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 333
  • tj3.jpg
    tj3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 330
  • tj4.jpg
    tj4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 330
is the car you are looking at a GNX?
if so there should be a # on the lower part of the diff cover where it connects to the ladder bar, and it should correspond with the # of GNX. not sure if that is what you are refering to
hope that helps anyway
nice find!!!!

suspension confirmation

is the car you are looking at a GNX?
if so there should be a # on the lower part of the diff cover where it connects to the ladder bar, and it should correspond with the # of GNX. not sure if that is what you are refering to
hope that helps anyway
nice find!!!!

It has 220 on the lower section of the gnx cover where the torque arm goes in between the forks.

Thanks for the help.

If memory serves, that is a t-top GNX clone that belongs to a guy in Georgia. If so then the story goes that the orignal owner of the GNX 220 had wrecked it and taken all of the GNX specific parts off of it and put them onto a GN that he had as well. Is that the car you are looking at? If so, I know a little bit about this one if you want to PM me about it. The story seems to hold up because it also had quite a number of GNX specific parts that were never reproduced like the vents with the inner ducting as well as inner bezels, etc.

gnx?

If memory serves, that is a t-top GNX clone that belongs to a guy in Georgia. If so then the story goes that the orignal owner of the GNX 220 had wrecked it and taken all of the GNX specific parts off of it and put them onto a GN that he had as well. Is that the car you are looking at? If so, I know a little bit about this one if you want to PM me about it. The story seems to hold up because it also had quite a number of GNX specific parts that were never reproduced like the vents with the inner ducting as well as inner bezels, etc.

Yes it is the same car. I know the story behind the car but I wanted to confirm the components real before it goes further.

The GNX rear end covers are not GNX number specific and are not numbered for every car.

The GNX rear end covers are not GNX number specific and are not numbered for every car.

What resource do you base this information upon. I was told from multiple reputable sources when I was looking at this car last August that the way to tell the difference between the original cover and the Kirban/Clark reproduction is the numbers stamped on the ear, and that ALL of the GNX's had this number.

Yes it is the same car. I know the story behind the car but I wanted to confirm the components real before it goes further.

Oh, I should have payed more attention, I didn't realize it was you (WeSS) that was looking at it. I guess Jim is finally going to part with it? If you pick it up and want to sell off any of the GNX parts let me know. Did he finally blow it up, or is it still running.

What resource do you base this information upon. I was told from multiple reputable sources when I was looking at this car last August that the way to tell the difference between the original cover and the Kirban/Clark reproduction is the numbers stamped on the ear, and that ALL of the GNX's had this number.

It is correct that GNX rear end covers have numbers on them however they do not follow the number of the GNXs.

Just because the rear cover says 220 it does not mean it came from GNX #220.

t top wanna be gnx

Oh, I should have payed more attention, I didn't realize it was you (WeSS) that was looking at it. I guess Jim is finally going to part with it? If you pick it up and want to sell off any of the GNX parts let me know. Did he finally blow it up, or is it still running.

LOL, Jim knows about as much about TR's as Gary Coleman knows about dunking a basketball. He is going a different route and has no time nor the patience to deal with the picky/impatient/pia buick guys lol. So we are discussing a deal. I will let you know if anything was to be available for sale. No he did not blow it up but the way he races and as hard as that car has ran over the past few years it really needs to be in the right hands so that it can be brought back up to par before it becomes a lost cause.

Thanks to all for the quality information. Keep it coming.

It is correct that GNX rear end covers have numbers on them however they do not follow the number of the GNXs.

Just because the rear cover says 220 it does not mean it came from GNX #220.

you are correct------the numbers on the original gnx covers are random and do not match the car #'s------and the one pictured is not one of mine------it appears to be original from what i can see in the pics............RC

you are correct------the numbers on the original gnx covers are random and do not match the car #'s------and the one pictured is not one of mine------it appears to be original from what i can see in the pics............RC

There it is straight from the man....

Back