You can type here any text you want

GNX sells for 72K at auction !!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twinvipers

Was at the Kruse auction in Florida this past weekend and watched a 200 mile GNX sell for 72,000.00 !!!! With the 8% fee the new owner paid almost 78,000.00 !!! The car was very nice, but no jacket,book or paperwork besides the original title.

I predict 100,00 in 5 years... :biggrin:

twinvipers said:
Was at the Kruse auction in Florida this past weekend and watched a 200 mile GNX sell for 72,000.00 !!!! With the 8% fee the new owner paid almost 78,000.00 !!! The car was very nice, but no jacket,book or paperwork besides the original title.

Thats a good prediction but not a worthwhile investment imo unless your really into collecting rare cars. A lot more could be made in other investments in the same amount of time. Btw i wish i owned a 200 mile GNX.

yes and they dropped to 7400 and 1100 ....now is a good time to sell some high dollar toys and put in markets!!

bison said:
Thats a good prediction but not a worthwhile investment imo unless your really into collecting rare cars. A lot more could be made in other investments in the same amount of time.

I'm listening :D

put 78k in a good mutual fund...it will do 50% or better over next 5 years, then sell....:)your already car rich

11secmonster said:
put 78k in a good mutual fund...it will do 50% or better over next 5 years, then sell....:)your already car rich

Wish mine were at 50% return!!
I put 50% into my 401K and i am only getting 15% return for last year.
Have you seen the dow stock for this past week??? OMG thru the roof baby :biggrin: 11,011 points and climbin!!!

BW

11secmonster said:
Maximize the Roth IRA first if your not incomed out of it. Then up your 401k deduction. Do this every year till they stop the Roth's. Put the rest into mutual funds. This is the wrong forum for this. Sorry i started this on here.

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Wish mine were at 50% return!!
I put 50% into my 401K and i am only getting 15% return for last year.
Have you seen the dow stock for this past week??? OMG thru the roof baby :biggrin: 11,011 points and climbin!!!

BW
ONLY 15% in a year? Thats damn good bro. If you can do that for the next 30 years you will be very rich when you retire.

bison said:
Maximize the Roth IRA first if your not incomed out of it. Then up your 401k deduction. Do this every year till they stop the Roth's. Put the rest into mutual funds. This is the wrong forum for this. Sorry i started this on here.

Unless the Market TANKS...........Again. :eek:

twinvipers said:

Does that mean you will be a KaJillionaire JUST in Car wealth?? :rolleyes:
Sorry.....I just had too! :D :D

Thomas Gentilin said:
Does that mean you will be a KaJillionaire JUST in Car wealth?? :rolleyes:
Sorry.....I just had too! :D :D
He is. Thats no joke.

Thomas Gentilin said:
Unless the Market TANKS...........Again. :eek:
Even if it does it will rebound and you cant lose with the Roth. Its like free money when you retire. Most emoloyers have enough options with their 401k to minimize losses if you pay attention and make changes when the market sucks. Earning 7% for 10 years will almost double your money with compounding. At 10% it will take a little over 7 years. At 15% you double in 5 years. And thats with only the initial investment. Think about it. Hit up the Roth IRA and its benefits while you can.

bison said:
Even if it does it will rebound and you cant lose with the Roth. Its like free money when you retire. Most emoloyers have enough options with their 401k to minimize losses if you pay attention and make changes when the market sucks. Earning 7% for 10 years will almost double your money with compounding. At 10% it will take a little over 7 years. At 15% you double in 5 years. And thats with only the initial investment. Think about it. Hit up the Roth IRA and its benefits while you can.

Correct! That is the configured "plan" Doubling every 10 years. But what suck is....the funds that invest your money are entreprneurial investors......they are literally making 20-30- times that.......and only kicking back 7-8 points to the INVESTORS that enable them!!! My brother just launched an FDA medical item {let's call it a Widget for name sake} Got approval......got a patent pending. Cost to build the Widget is about 28 bucks.......resale in the medical industry.....about 440 bucks!! The PROFIT is HUGE. But the entreneurial investors will NOT share that kind of money with you and I.........they will give you 7 percent and tell you YOU had a "good year" ! Just my .02

TR's were ment to be driven and raced, not stored in a garage for re selling.
whats the point in owning a bad ass GNX if you dont take it out and beat on it ?

PaCemkr86 said:
TR's were ment to be driven and raced, not stored in a garage for re selling.
whats the point in owning a bad ass GNX if you dont take it out and beat on it ?
I agree that if you own a perfomance car then it should be taken out and driven like it was made to. But you must realize that most GNX owners own other TR's and they beat on those. I think the GNX is a rare piece of history and should be preserved as much as possible.

bison said:

Max for Roth in 2004 was 3000.00 and 2005 was 4000.00, add 500 if you are over the age of 50 you can "catch up" :)

The max amount :
2005 $4,000
2006 $4,000
2007 $4,000
2008 $5,000
2009 $5,000

Right now i am locked in at 4.16% for 05 and soon to be 4.26% with my 2006 contribution. Ive been into roth IRA accounts since... Damn its been a long time.......
In my way of thinking, the amount i put into my roth accounts isnt going to be a huge amount 35 years down the road.... The amount i put into my roth accounts TODAY is the amount of money i put toward my retirement that i wont be pissing away TOMORROW on senseless things like coca cola,chewing tobacco, smokes, and other crapola.

Your right, the wrong section to start this....

I check my accounts daily!!!! :o
BW

Twin Vipers HAS two Many GNX's

:biggrin: I thought guys who had two GNX's were lucky, You basicly got them all and you want another one. Mannnnn, let someone else get one or at least the chance and hope and dream of getting one.

Back