GNX spotted in Montreal during Grand Prix Weekend?

LotusS4

Just wondering if it was anyone on the board? Saw it driving down Saint Catherine, could not get close enough but looked like a clean real deal.

Grand prix weekend is full of ferrari, lambo's, porsche etc. It was nice to see a GNX in the mix!

Although I have to say, I really would have liked to see a TTA :biggrin:

Lotus, NO WAY!! I was there too on St. Catherine St during the grand prix weekend (i was really there for work, but I went to the F1 too) and saw that same GNX (or possible clone). It had three dudes in it, and I made my brother take pics of it as soon as I saw it a block away coming toward us.

Im going to post the pics as soon as I get them from my brother..what a small world!:eek:

100_0479.jpg

Was it these guys? haha

HA! I was there too. Didn't see that, but I saw an F430 Scuderia parked in the mud back by the paddock.

GNX with T's? new to me. looks kinda rough.

Yea, i think it was a clone since those look like Kirban's gnx repro rims...Also, I dont think the gnx's had the side molding strip on them..:confused:

Looks like someone added a few touches to a GN to make it look like a GNX. Note the Wheels, T-Tops, body side molding, and lack of fender flares! Looks like they are having a good time!

Hey...there's a Dairy Queen A.

Almost more surprising than seeing a G body in Canada.

Look at the head rests.

Looks like someone added a few touches to a GN to make it look like a GNX. Note the Wheels, T-Tops, body side molding, and lack of fender flares!

Exactly!... (The only real GNX in the Montreal area that I'm aware of is #167, owned by someone I know...)

Claude :wink:

P.S: "notacarlo", what's wrong with the headrests?...They appear ok to me...and yes we do have Dairy Queens...:)

That was it! I do not remember which day but maybe sat afternoon or sun. I could not believe the cars every year. I was standing outside a restaurant talking with some friends, they was traffic everywhere and sitting in the middle was a Maserati MC12, Basically an enzo in maserati dress. 1.2 million and the guy was just sitting in traffic behind a $500 crapper.

If you want to see some crazy cars, grand prix weekend is the place to be.

John

That was it! I do not remember which day but maybe sat afternoon or sun. I could not believe the cars every year. I was standing outside a restaurant talking with some friends, they was traffic everywhere and sitting in the middle was a Maserati MC12, Basically an enzo in maserati dress. 1.2 million and the guy was just sitting in traffic behind a $500 crapper.

If you want to see some crazy cars, grand prix weekend is the place to be.

John

Suprised at you Lotus. That car fooled you ???

Fooled me, I am not so sure it was not real. You know from our trips up there, half the cars driving down saint catherine are not from montreal that weekend. Heck, most of them do not even have canadian license plates.

It wasn't like I was drunk off my ass yelling at Royal canadian mounted police :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I saw a memorial to your last trip up there and a dedicated seat in winston churchhills. "Here lies the seat where twinvipers talked two strange girls into making out." Ahh, the good ole days!!!!

Hey, One thing new this year was the porsche cup. These guys are worse than the challenge guys when it comes to bumping and pushing!!

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 114
Twin,
Ahh your right, I did see it from the distance but the T-tops should have caught my attention. I guess not seeing yours on a daily basis has rusted the brain a bit. :)