You can type here any text you want

Going through the rear brakes-S10 wheel cylinder upgrade??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboWh1

Does anybody know the GM part number for the larger S10 wheel cylinders? I've had two stock style aftermarket ones fail on me in the last couple of years. Looking to upgrade the stopping ability without breaking the bank! I believe folks run larger break shoes as well?

The shoes are the same size. They use 2 sets, and use the rear shoes out of both sets. {Rears are longer lining].
Don't have the S10 #. Someone will chime in w/ it.

The shoes are the same size. They use 2 sets, and use the rear shoes out of both sets. {Rears are longer lining].
Don't have the S10 #. Someone will chime in w/ it.
Ok, Thanks! I'm guessing the longer lining creates more friction area in regards to the contact surface of the brake drum. I'll have to pick up some new brake shoes at the local parts store. I should go with the turbo regal application on the brake shoes versus S10 right?

Ok, Thanks! I'm guessing the longer lining creates more friction area in regards to the contact surface of the brake drum. I'll have to pick up some new brake shoes at the local parts store. I should go with the turbo regal application on the brake shoes versus S10 right?

yes. get the cheapos. They are softer, and will conform to the drum easier.

When I've gotten them at the parts store I ask for rear wheel cylinders for an 1987 s10 with a v6 and manual transmission. They should give you the larger 7/8 bore wheel cylinders.

Back