Going to the Dyno tomorrow(sat)

Otto J

Well i am not sure how hard i am going ot push it (boost wise) but i think my convertor is to loose for my combo,but time will see on that .Here is my setup
RPE BUILT 3.8 Stage 1 w 3.625 BMS crank and J/E 8to1s,Crower rods
GN1 (14 bolt)ported and polished by champion with dual springs
226 hydraulic roller with 1.65 scorpion rockers
BGC intake with RJC power plate and 95# injectors and accufab 70mm t-body
GT80R innovative Turbo, ATR modified headers and 3.5" downpipe and 4" bullet muffler(making appoinment for a 4" single exhaust)Turbo 400 with 8" 5000 stall on the brake
Aeromotive Pro-Series pump and filter and #10 line up from Cell.
Stock 3.42 gears
F.A.S.T Bank to Bank w/ WB o2

Not to sure what it will make but i will start with 18#s and work my way up to maybe 30-35 :D
Will post resluts tomorrow

i am gunna guess 375 hp at 6250 and 500ft at 3200

and 24psi

do i win something if i am close?

Otto, take pics and video and post it on T6p!

Running an EGT of 1355 with an air fuel of 11.2 to 1 at 27#s of boost
624 HP and 730 Ft Lbs of torque
I need to replace the convertor, It has way to much slippage

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Running an EGT of 1355 with an air fuel of 11.2 to 1 at 27#s of boost
624 HP and 730 Ft Lbs of torque
I need to replace the convertor, It has way to much slippage

Otto,

What converter are you thinking about?
I have heard that Bill Anderson is good
with the ATI Stuff. You will need at least a 9inch and
a 10 would probably not be a bad idea.
I like the Neal Chance but they are about $2000.

WE have a spare 9" Dynamic that stalled around 4000, This one stalls around 5000, Turbo spools well, But i need something tighter to go with the engine combo.
If that one doesnt work i will probably get an ATI or a Pro-Torque.

those are some nice number, but once you take care of the convertor you will see alittle more power.

Otto,

Should the 80MM with the R Trim make about 1000 to 1050HP at the Flywheel? If so I would think you should max out with about
850 at the wheels on kill!!!

I that is not good enough I have a PT-88 laying around!

Not real sure, YOu would think so, But this is the second car ive had this turbo on, And neither car would make over 27#s of boost and the other maxed out at 658. Turbo may be to biig for my combo,but the other car was a champ headed stage 2 car with a few more inches,My motor is only 249 CI. I may also try one of the new turbo netics 74 or 76 turbos in hte future, but want the convertor problem iron out first

Otto food for thought on converters.

Dads GN has a combo similar to yours.

He is using a 3800 stall Art Carr 9 inch NL. This is in a TH 400 trans.

Cam is a roller 238 duration, .590 lift, 112 LSA.

We put this thing on the dyno a couple of weeks ago and with a redline of 7200, it made peak torque at 4800 rpms. I was expecting to see peak torque a little higher but no big thing.

Motor made 640 hp and 760 ft lbs torque at 24 psi. There was room to go but the dyno would not load the motor any more . It would build boost to 24 psi and then start to taper off from there.

Race track logs showed the trans shifting at 6800, drops to 5800 and goes back up from there.

Point being here if you have an Art Carr or something else that is close to 38000 to 4000 stall you may want to give it a try.

We even tried an 8 inch 5000 rpm stall on a 80 bb turbo and it just blew right past the turbo and spun for nothing.

Just my 2 cents.

Otto,

Congrats!!! Nice numbers, can't wait to see her run.

Remember it's us against Jimmy!!!!

He was there for the festivities, Chewin and Spittin. He also has permission to go out with me and Frank tonight.:eek:

WOW two signed permission slips in one day that's gotta be a guiness book of world records for Jimmy.

Jimmy don't be so stingy...........what's the secret??? Please share with the rest of us married guys!!!!!