You can type here any text you want

gonna get a alky chip burnt. What timing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboaddict2

Going to get a alky chip from PTE. I emailed Pat Rubio and he said his alky chips are 100 octane chips that have 23* timing. Since I am using my car on the street all the time 23* on the street might be too much. I was thinking of 20* on pump gas and alky. What timing do you think I should get programmed into the chip?

I am currently running a 94 octane 20* timing chip for alky from Jay Carter. It's great I can run 20-21 psi of boost with a stock turbo on the street.

But I am making the step up to his 100 octane 22-23* of timing chip. I will just change to a larger jet in up pipe to compensate for the added timing and still try to run 20 psi on the street.

I think 23* wouldn't hurt on the street, as long as you tune the car for 1* of knock or less, it should work fine. But if you want to stay on the safe side, go with the 20* you might be able to run a bit more boost than with the 23*.

My $0.02

Brandon

23 psi, I would probably go with the 20* chip if you want to run that on the street. Less chance of making stuff go boom. :D

Of course you have a bigger turbo than I so 23 psi is a bit different. I know the stock one like a bit more timing than other turbo on pump gas, that's why I am going with 22-23* close to what stock timing is.

I guess it comes down to how safe you would feel running 23 psi at 20* or 23* of timing on pump gas with alky.

You might want to also ask around or do a search and see what other guys have your size turbo and how much timing they are running on the street and track.

Brandon

Running 23# with 23* with your setup is ok. Alky is set to 7-8 pump speed and turns on at 12-13#. I have a similiar setup but with 009's and run 23-24# with 23*. I get some knock 1-2* but it occurrs only at the 1-2 shift. After that 02's are constant 790 to 800's in 3rd and 4th no knock. Drop me an email and I can share some timing table information..

Mike Banas
87GN

You should have no problem with 23deg and 24 psi. That's what I run and have no knock at all with 93 octane.

I see you live in jersey, i'll be at e-town on sunday with a white t-type. If ya wanna talk just come over and say hi.

James

Originally posted by JaBoT
You should have no problem with 23deg and 24 psi. That's what I run and have no knock at all with 93 octane.

James

Do you (or others) get any transitional knock when launching before the alchy first sprays?

I'm in the process of switching to 50s and Max Effort and am also dealing with the timing issue. Thinking perhaps variable timing but need to pin down the range.

thanks,
Scott

I do not have any tranitional knock at all. I am running a custum chip that I made myself. If you want i can post the timing curve. Just let me know

JaBoT,
Yes, please do post the timing curve.

I'm shooting for about 23psi and seeing your timing setup would be a big help for squeezing as much out of it as possible. Our injectors differ somewhat, but not that much.

thanks!
Scott

Ok, here is the timing that i'm using in my chip. I did not set this up. I found it on the Turbo Six Tuner message board a while ago.
timimg.jpg

Back