Good body shop in Central Illinois?

69BluDevil

Anybody know of a good, reputable body shop in the Central IL area? Maybe in Springfield, Decatur, Champaign, Peoria, etc. I don't want to travel too far, but I guess if I have to, I have no other choice. Thanks.
Sean
BTW, this isn't for a Buick, this is for my Mach.

Contact Scott, zam70 on this board. He is manager I think at a body shop in Springfield. Tim

Try Ripples in Decatur. I believe they're out towards the South Shores area.

Hey 69BD -
We can take care of ya. I won't promise we'll be the cheapest, but I can promise you a quality job done RIGHT.
Give me a call
Elite autobody and paintworks
217 744 0500
ask for Scott

Thanks for the props guys...

SAM - going to BG?

Cool! I had no idea you had a bodyshop Scott. I'll definitely give you a call sometime. BTW, this is on my 69 Mach 1. Here is the list of what needs done just so you can get an idea:
Both front floor pans and the support pieces under them
Both torque boxes
Lower foot or two of the passenger side quarter panel patched
Driver's side quarter panel welded on (there's already a new one on, but the previous owner actually used pop-rivets to put it on!)
Driver's side door patched along the bottom
Medium sized dent on the roof
Small patched on the bottom of the fenders where they meet the doors
Pretty much all new engine bay sheetmetal (there are lots of holes drilled in some of them for some reason, and others have dents all over, etc)
The frame rails may need to be patched, I haven't really gotten a chance to get a close look.

I'll probably get around to calling you on Monday. Thanks!
Sean

lol Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'm dreading calling you on Monday....the price. :D Honestly, I'd sell it and buy something else with less work needed, but I have a fear that if I sell it, the buyer will part it out and trash the body cause it's in so bad shape. Can't have that happen! :)

I won't kid ya...it's going to hurt.

Paint job on a car that has a good body runs around $4000.00+.
add in the resto and there's a good chance it'll be double that, possibly more.

If that's more than what you're hoping for, we won't be your shop (don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings :) ). We're very good BUT, we charge accordingly. Time would be a concern as well. We are basically a collision shop that has the abilities to do restoration (we always have at least one resto going on...got an old Pontiac in there now)...the collision cars come first...that's just the way it is.

Another alternative is someone private. They can charge ALOT less $ because of the lower overhead.

I've got a guy at the shop who has operates a shop on the side who might be interested and there's another guy in town here doing some GREAT work for low dollars (unbelievably low, I'd have to get ahold of a friend who had some work done by him). I'd be happy to set point you in their direction.