You can type here any text you want

Good day at the car show.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

corsair231

There was a small local car show today as part of the "Wadesboro PeopleFest" activities. I entered just for fun. There were about 20 cars total. Mostly trucks. A pro-street v-8 S-10 , a slammed, bagged, supercharged, and mystic flamed Suburban, and a smattering of other 50's and 60's trucks. There was a 71 Z-28, and a couple of Novas, including a Factory 396/375 SS. Also in attendance were the "classics" crowd with a '57 Chevy, a '51 Mercury, and a "34 A-model. The high dollar entry was an "06 Shelby GT 500. Other than the Shelby, the Suburban, and my T, nothing was newer than '72.

Although it was a small show, thanks to the festival there was a large crowd. I had the opportunity to educate several people on our cars which is really the fun thing about showing cars, right? Anyhow, the show offered two awards. The Judge's Choice, which was the big prize and was won by a '68 Chevy pick-up. The other award was the People's Choice. It turns out people like black cars with turbochargers. :D

There were several nice cars there and it made me proud that mine was liked enough that people voted for it over the rest of them. Makes you feel good and that you must be doing things right.

Way to go Randy. you beat a Mustang without even putting a foot on the gas pedal.

Eyup--you da man Randy! ( & congrats again to Matt for "his TB win @ AutoFair...:biggrin: ).

Getting the GN cleaned-up for run to Darlington this Thur & do several laps (speed-limited of course:mad: )

Back