You can type here any text you want

Good Paint Shop in NWI or Chicago Area?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mgmshar

I will be looking to get my 86 GN painted this summer. It needs no significant body work (smooth a few small dents in the roof, maybe remove very light rust at the bottoms of the doors). I'm not looking for a Chip Foose show-car paint job - but one that will look comparable to other GN's and not cost a fortune. I don't think I need the jambs painted - just the exterior.

The factory lacquer has the infamous spider web cracks, so the car will need to be stripped to metal, reprimed (preferably with black primer), and painted.

Anybody have a recent good experience with somebody in the NW Indiana or Chicago areas? What was the price?

Thanks,

to be honest the best painter is yourself. you get great pride doing it your self and you save cash. just my 2 cents

to be honest the best painter is yourself. you get great pride doing it your self and you save cash. just my 2 cents

I would actually love to do this, since I've done a little painting in the past. However, in my current living situation, I just don't have the garage space to pull this off. Thus, I'm looking for a good painter...

PM sent John jr and sr are good people and they have done lots of World Of Wheels show cars 630-543-2200 custom auto. they do alot of crash cars but sr does complete restorations. They are not cheap but you dont want cheap on these cars

PM sent John jr and sr are good people and they have done lots of World Of Wheels show cars 630-543-2200 custom auto. they do alot of crash cars but sr does complete restorations. They are not cheap but you dont want cheap on these cars

x2 listen chopped 39 he know what he talking about.;)

Castanedas Body Shop in Chicago. Did a killer job on my car, doesnt charge an arm and a leg, went way above and beyond, and is a GN owner / lover himself.

Castanedas Body Shop in Chicago. Did a killer job on my car, doesnt charge an arm and a leg, went way above and beyond, and is a GN owner / lover himself.

hey cliff was down in chicago this pass weekend. dam Got home sick:( :biggrin:

I have seen Cliffs car in person and a black GN done by the same shop. Both very nice. I would have them give you an estimate. I don't think you'd be sorry from what I saw.

Back