You can type here any text you want

Good, Reliable, Speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saladin45

There is a darkside
Hey y'all

I have a 'T-Type' and basically I'm starting to get all the audio stuff together. I've got two back speakers given to me by another GN owner. They are 4x10's. I just bought a Jensen radio unit. A VM8013, this thing is AWESOME. Never thought I'd be able to find something like that, but I did. What I am interested in knowing is this:

Will these 4x10 speakers, which were told to me to be stockers, will they handle ok? I've heard 4x10's suck, and I'm figuring so due to their limitations. As well, what are good/reliable dash speakers? I'm kind of mulling over what to buy, and I would like to know what other people are running in their vehicles before I go make some uninformed purchase.

-Saladin

Hey y'all

I have a 'T-Type' and basically I'm starting to get all the audio stuff together. I've got two back speakers given to me by another GN owner. They are 4x10's. I just bought a Jensen radio unit. A VM8013, this thing is AWESOME. Never thought I'd be able to find something like that, but I did. What I am interested in knowing is this:

Will these 4x10 speakers, which were told to me to be stockers, will they handle ok? I've heard 4x10's suck, and I'm figuring so due to their limitations. As well, what are good/reliable dash speakers? I'm kind of mulling over what to buy, and I would like to know what other people are running in their vehicles before I go make some uninformed purchase.

-Saladin

I have replaced 4 X 10's in the past with a round JL Audio co-axial speaker, I think 3.5" round...the round speaker has much less distortion and sounds MUCH better. The oval shape fof the 4X10 is what causes the distortion and range limitations. They make a retrofit little frame for fitting in just this application (4X10 slot). That said, it will still only be a 4" speaker, which is primarily a high frequency speaker. Where are you looking to use them and what frequency range are you looking for out of them?

I want to listen to older music.

(I'm talking 1970's music. Mainly like... The OJ's, Frankie Beverly, War, Marley, Isley Brothers.. But at the same time, I want to be able to hear nicely 90's rap..) So what do you say? Will I be able to do it?

I'm not too savvy with frequency's/etc. I just want something that'll handle those types of songs. I don't listen to my songs ridiculously loud. I just want to hear it nicely and have it crisp and clear, dig?

-Saladin

Back