You can type here any text you want

Good Stroker Combination Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HP Man

I'm considering building a stroker, 109 block, engine. This combo is a S/S car car so not too wild a combo. Costs? Engine Builders can reply also. Thanks. Gene PS. I like a lightened crank like a gun drilled model, "Scat" or other.

The shortblock (w/roller) should run you around 3-4k. Call lonnie diers at extreme automatics, DLS, RPE, ETC

The top builders have quite a long waiting list. Webber I hear can do it in a few weeks. You wont need a high dollar build unless ur looken to go 9's.

The shortblock (w/roller) should run you around 3-4k. Call lonnie diers at extreme automatics, DLS, RPE, ETC

$3-4000 for a stroker shortblock with roller cam? Good luck on that one. I just put $5200 in mine and it allready had the girdle AND I assembled it myself. To build it from scratch would have been $6500 or so not counting assembly.

Strokers cost a pretty penny huh... How fast do you really want to go?

DOOOH..
Yeah I wasnt thinking at all when I wrote that....ad a couple mo g's .

Strokers cost a pretty penny huh... How fast do you really want to go?
I like to overbuild any combo, running much lower boost with the stroker, lighter rotating assembly is my goal. My last 109 engine cost more than $6K with all the mistakes that had to be corrected. Another story on that. Bottom end strength always bothers me as the 109 block is a tissue paper built engine, just study it once and see. I wouldn't even consider this combo except the cost of a better block. RPM, side thrust loads are the limiting factors on the 109 block. IMHO Gene

Back