You can type here any text you want

Got "a" car back from the body shop yesterday...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here's the engine...

You have to look close but, tell me what you see...

Gotta like when you can trust someone with your car... NOT!!

Here's some of the damage...

are those 3/8 pushrods?

No, they're the standard CompCams hi-energy 5/16 .063 welded-on ball end pushrods that originally came with the cam kit from Weber Racing.

After having one of the ball ends break off, on another motor a couple years ago, I don't use them anymore. Thankfully it happened while turning the motor over on the stand, and not once in the car running. Now I upgrade the kit to the 1-piece .080 wall chromoly pushrods.

This motor was assembled and installed by a previous owner. The new owner just had it painted, and apparently the body shop employees went for a joy ride, and returned the car to the owner like this... :mad:

K.

Paint job looks pretty good from the pics, but I'm sure after the damage they caused that's little consolation to the owner:rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

Definitely have to be careful with who you trust to work on your car and better yet to leave your car unattended with!

What did the body shop say?? Are they admitting they screwed up? That sucks big time.

man that sucks.the body shop would be giving me a free paint job after that. i always remove the wastegate rod when taking to to shops. somtimes i even install my special chip.

I'm taking mine to the body shop in non running condition. They will probably charge more for having to push it around, but I'll be damned if anyone is tearing up my car before I do. :D

Sorry to the owner. That sucks bigtime!!! I hope the body shop will do what is expected from them. Good luck...

Man That Sucks!!!

Im taking my car in for paint this winter and plan on removing the entire drivetrain.:eek: This way it won't turn out like that!!:eek: Actually Im taking engine out to paint firewall, etc... A local body shop I was inquiring at about painting my car wanted to keep it for a few days to look it over completely?? WHAT?? I DON'T THINK SO!!:frown: Granted I know all of these guys that work at the body shop and theyre known for taking customers cars out for a little drive to see what kind of power they have...:confused: Which is totally unacceptable to me.:mad:

I know my car is not the nicest right now but I have alot of money and time in the engine and trans. I don't want somebody taking it out and mauling the hell out of it breaking something or blowing a HG. Thats my job!:D

I guess if I do take it to someone to look over and leave it there for a day or so I will remove the whole wastegate actuator completely!

thats what i did removed the wastegate rod and also i took the ecm out of the car unpluged the pump and disconnect the ecm plug next to the battery.

Shops like that give us all a bad rap grrrrrrrrrrr. When one is dropped off at my shop is does NOT move at all except to back out or in the shop and the paint booth. When they get it back it will have less than 1/10 of a mile if that on it period! Now if I want to see what its got I will ask the owner to give me a ride and most will gladly. I have a 70 GTO judge at my shop right now that I am doing some repair on and paint up front where he hit his garage backing out. I did go get the car from his house and drive it out here. I don't think I ever even got to 55mph with it. I know how I feel when I have to leave mine with someone! Please don't put them all in that boat guys, get to know your shop, ask for references, etc. There are some of us that do NOT abuse the customers cars . Later Daniel Ray

Back