got an android tablet

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Finally got and Android tablet (Asus 8"), Now, can someone school me on what I need to get it hooked to the car?
I know nothing of Android anymore so treat me like an idiot !

I'm running SD2 and Powerlogger Pro.

Help?

install dropbox (optional)
install aldldroid
download the adx files from my page
pair the tablet to the scanmaster
set up your screens.

I can do all that on my Android based tablet??
Is that the aldldroid I saw in the App Store for nearly $19 ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. I have been trying to get that app to work all summer. Connects but no response message appears. Numerous times trying to reload they software. 3 different android devices. Next year I'll try again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I can't think of any app I need bad enough to spend nearly $20 for it!! I bought this android tablet primarily to interface with my ELM327 OBDII bluetooth device, and it does that perfectly well, especially Torque Pro.

I was hoping to somehow use it some OBDI app to interface with my GN/PL/SD2 also, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Almost all the OBDII apps are free. I don't understand how they can justify charging $19 for an OBDI app !!!

69RSCLONE--you need to download the ADX files from Bob's web site to get the scanmaster G and any andriod device working via bluetooth --also you may need to do the Powerlogger capacitor mod-also on Bobs site.

I did the ADX file install , purchased ALDL Droid, and the capacitor mod and it works perfect on my smart phone and anrdoid table-all connected and running via bluetooth.

I can also use my windows 7 notebook via bluetooth and run the PLC without the usb cable now. SWEET!!

Next spring I'll give it another try. Was looking forward to the internal logging of the G but that doesn't work either. My luck.

I can't think of any app I need bad enough to spend nearly $20 for it!! I bought this android tablet primarily to interface with my ELM327 OBDII bluetooth device, and it does that perfectly well, especially Torque Pro.

I was hoping to somehow use it some OBDI app to interface with my GN/PL/SD2 also, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Almost all the OBDII apps are free. I don't understand how they can justify charging $19 for an OBDI app !!!

I think its reasonable. Its a narrow market specialty thing.

Bob

Next spring I'll give it another try. Was looking forward to the internal logging of the G but that doesn't work either. My luck.

we just need to get you updated, drop me a line and we will get you set up.

Bob

I will in the spring Bob. Car's sleeping for the next 5 months.

I am pretty much frustrated with mine also i have tried everything and if i spent anymore time messing with i might end up divorced

Bob told me that you need to send it to a Dropbox account. Then link the Dropbox to the ALDLDroid app.

dropbox makes the file transfers more convenient in most cases.

without dropbox, you can plug the tablet/phone into your laptop with a USB cable and open it like an external harddrive. in there you will find the aldldroid folder and the adx files in there.
I'm not an expert with android (yet). but thats the basics.

I have not figured out how to save the file properly if I send it in an email to myself, but that would be another method. (someone want to try this?)

Anyone having issues, hit me up on email, we will get it all working. (board notifications are not working it seems, so email is a better way to get my attention)

Bob

In a world of $300 cam sensors, $500 belt tensioners and $800 semi-rebuilt powermasters twenty bucks doesn't sound so bad?

In a world of $300 cam sensors, $500 belt tensioners and $800 semi-rebuilt powermasters twenty bucks doesn't sound so bad?
All of those things are easily rebuildable at a tiny fraction of those costs.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

so if m reading all this correctly any pad style android based device will work? no need for keyboard? Im a MAC user....