got my new HU installed

FlyinGN

all show no go
I installed the 2002 Camaro Delco Monsoon am/fm/cd head unit with FABULOUS results. It had the theftlock too which had no bad effects.. Some thought it would not work in a 'non theftlock' car. Well let me tell yas. Its sounds absolutely GREAT! This is without the Volfenhag 800 watt amp that I am gonna install soon.. This is a perfect HU to install in our cars.. Perfect fit too..

Originally posted by FlyinGN
It had the theftlock too which had no bad effects.. Some thought it would not work in a 'non theftlock' car.

The theft-lock code has to be entered by the original owner, evidently it wasnt. You can basically hook it up to any car with a 12 volt power source and it will work as long as the code is not entered or you have the code written down somewhere to unlock it when you lose power to head unit.

Congrats on the head unit working out for you, now you need to get the amp hooked up and get the full potential of your audio system.

What would happen if you bought a used car with that stereo and the code was put in and the battery died? Does that mean that if you don't have the code you cant use the stereo? Or is there a way around the code. I'm wonder because well for one I just bought a used car with the theft protect cassette player and I want to buy a cd player but not if it has a code on it when I buy it and can't use it. You know what I mean......

That is correct. Without the code the radio will not work. Dealers can get the codes.. But sometimes it tough to get em to do it.. Or its gonna cost ya..

The fee from our local dealer is apx $25.00 dollars and you have to have a receipt for the Delco head unit that you buy so they know that it is legit and then they will get it un-locked for you.

Originally posted by be_regal
That's reassuring. $25 is well worth the since of security to, imo.

Just to let you know that $25.00 is the going rate here in my town so that may be cheaper or more than the $25.00 rate in your area so I would call and ask the local dealers what they charge.

I called a local chevy dealer to see what they charged for a new delco cd player, can you beleive they wanted $650. I dropped the phone in shock. I guess I'm going to have to check on junk yards, hopefully I can find one for about $100. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know please, but all I want to spend is $100.

Thanks

Originally posted by be_regal
I guess I'm going to have to check on junk yards, hopefully I can find one for about $100. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know please, but all I want to spend is $100.

Good luck on finding one for $100.00, the salvage yards here want $175.00 to $250.00 (depending on condition) for a Delco CD player. Here is a link to one source for GM Delco CD players:

GM DELCO SOURCE

Scroll down and click on "stereo"

I got so lucky!!!!!

One of my old high school budies came by my house telling me about how he is getting a in-dash tv put into his 2000 Chevy Blazer. I told him I would give him $100 for his factory cd player witch is the regular delco. He told me witch almost floored me that he would just give it to me. With out delay I said ok, are you sure????? He said yeah! So I guess I will get one for free. How lucky could that be. I should have bought a lottery ticket that night.

Soon to be for sale will be a factory Delco cassette player. Out of 1999 Chevy Malibu. $75 plus shipping...........