You can type here any text you want

Got smoked in my 66 Skylark 455 by a 95 Z28!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Glock23
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was kind of thinking that myself. Either way, it's a transplant car if it's not a GS. Maybe the dual quad setup is out of the '66 Riviera GS??? I'm still betting it's a 400, 430, or 455 with the dual quad Offy manifold.

Glock23, are you sure it's a 455? If it's a nailhead motor (401, 425) the distributor would be in the back. The newer big blocks had the distributor in the front.

with those mods his car should be running low 12's high 11's, even dipping into mid 11's depending on what heads he has. The thing thats killing you is the 33" tires...that is a helluva lot of tire! With tires that big you should be running a much lower rearend gear, like 5:14's or 5:38's...if I were you I would probably do some calculations as far as what gear will get you to the end of the 1/4 at the top of your useable tranny gear...there are calculators on the net to help out on that.

Wasn't the 401 Nailhead called a 455 Wildcat on the air cleaner in 66??? I know my original 300 in my 66 was called a 310 Wildcat...May have been a 445 Wildcat or a 455 Wildcat...don't remember right now...

Glock 23, if it is a nailhead 401, the valve covers will look like they are level to the ground...the lifter valley will have a sheetmetal cover bolted down under the intake, and there will be an air gap under the intake between the intake and the lifter valley pan caver...The motor should be kind of a greenish/blue color...

My 66 now has the real 455 in it... :D

The 425 nailhead had a 465 Wildcat motor. As you probably know that was the torque production of that motor.
And yes, there was also a 445 Wildcat engine.

Back